GMG or Traeger?

I don't have experience with either, but I hear a lot of negative feedback about the Traeger's since they moved manufacturing to China.

Tasty Licks BBQ uses the GMG's and seems to like them. Fred (SmokinGuitarPlayer) from Tasty Licks is on here so maybe he'll reply. He also sells both the Traeger's and GMG at his store.

My suggestion would be to buy a PG500 or PG1000.:becky:

No experience with the treager. Have used the GMG a few times.( borrowed ) Overall very very pleased with the results.

I think both are pretty equal. The edge I'd give to GMG is the head room - lots more cooking surface by adding a second shelf.

You can add a second shelf to Traeger too - done it - but the GMG is still taller.

Spare parts for the Traeger are available everywhere - not sure about GMG.

I like the country smokers better than both the GMG and Traeger. Of course I spent the fall and off-season cooking on Yoders, and have fallen in love with them. 10 Gauge Rules, and they price out right, compared to a Traeger with the digital, etc.

GMG makes a nice grill. I have used Traegers for years and bring two to comps. I like the feature set on the GMG but to me, it's still a little high to toss another $200 at the grill for the turbo and blowout. Although I do like the blowout features, I tend to clean my firepot every time I cook for best smoke on my Traegers. They do chicken very very well. Great for all cuts and I have seen no quality issues other than a bad batch of hot rods last year. Traeger has outstanding customer service and will send out parts without much hassle at all.

We carry both brands. The Traeger quality has NOT gone down when they went to China ..they got BETTER ..that being said, the GMG has a LOT more things that you would want ... I especially like that remote control / temp probe... last season, I was doing a 3AM temp change while in my bed in the motorhome. Also , at home, I can start the grill etc. from inside my office. If you want more info, e-me
FB/SGP

ok... sorry I wasn't there ... Looks like Andre took care of you ..enjoy that smoker! Don't forget to get the thermal blanket when they are available (sept / oct) ..using it will save you a ton of money.
FB/SGP

I see you're in Philly ...close enough to stop up for one of our "tasting" days ..
Saturday mornings we usually fire up different cookers either by customer request (want to see how a particular cooker cooks) or we just fire up a bunch and start cooking ... anyway .enjoy your grill.
FB/SGP

Back