The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A huge thanks to the best BBQ site and best group of human beings I've ever had the pleasure to know! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150908)

Bbqin fool 01-05-2013 04:33 PM

A huge thanks to the best BBQ site and best group of human beings I've ever had the pleasure to know!

Hi all! Been quite a while since I posted. Just wanted to thank each and every one of my fellow brethren who have helped me along my way in the world of BBQ. My dream was to do BBQ for a living and that dream is slowly coming true. I have received my small business license and temporary health permits as I have created a BBQ concession business for fairs and festivals. The name of the business is The Smoke Stop. Kinda corny I know but I wanted something different. My Bubbagrills 250R was the first big investment for the business. My first gig was back on October 20, 2012 and I have to admit I was nervous as all get out! However, it was an immense success! The festival was from 9am to 4pm. My major selling hours were from 10am to 3pm. The 250R performed like a champ and the smoke (sweet blue of course!) and smell really drew the people in. Got lots of compliments on the rig. Used all hickory and the 250R or "The Other Wife" as my wife calls it lol, was very efficient! The only products I am currently serving are pulled pork sammiches, pulled chicken sandwiches and sliced top round sandwiches along with bags of chips and drinks as they are what I feel. I made my homemade BBQ sauces on site for the squeeze bottles. I ended up bringing in $1400 and 700 of it was profit! (There were 37 other food vendors too. 3 of them BBQ!) I was told by my customers that it was the best they ever had, that other people from the other side of the festival were directing people to come to me as it was the best BBQ there and I even got reserved for a gig in May this year! All from one festival! I was dumbfounded! I had my wife and parents there to help me and it never would have gone as smoothly if it wasn't for them. I am currently booked on all weekends starting in April through til June. It was very exhausting but I was immensely happy doing it and never felt such a sense of accomplishment! I am also currently getting my BBQ sauce approved by the Virginia Department of Agriculture so I can slowly supply local specialty shops. I am so thankful for finding this site and receiving all the help from all you! None of this would have ever been possible if you all hadn't accepted me with open arms as you do for everyone who joins. My 10 year goal is to have a family owned stand alone BBQ restaurant but for now, starting slowly is the way I'm going. Again, thank you all for everything! I will update you all with my next forray in April! Thanks again!

Boshizzle 01-05-2013 04:37 PM

Congrats, Vernon!

bbqbull 01-05-2013 04:40 PM

Congrats!!!

gtr 01-05-2013 04:46 PM

That is farking awesome - congratulations!

pwa 01-05-2013 04:47 PM

Congrats!!

landarc 01-05-2013 04:51 PM

Congrats on the new biz

IamMadMan 01-05-2013 04:56 PM

Congratulations....

It is a great feeling when your ambitions and dreams happen as you planned.

Most importantly it is a lot less stress when you have all your permits and licenses in order as you have done. It is costly getting off the ground, but now you are soaring above your expectations.

Best of luck in the upcoming season.

SmokeFan 01-05-2013 05:26 PM

Very Cool! Look forward to reading the updates!

Titch 01-05-2013 05:37 PM

Don't know you mate,but reading your post I would say, your persona helped you along.
Good job.
Cheers.
Titch

Boshizzle 01-05-2013 05:37 PM

And, besides the big congrats, I have to say that I too have made some great friends on this site too and you are one of them. I value those friendships greatly!

westy 01-05-2013 05:50 PM

Congratulations! Best of luck in your new adventures. Go have fun!

code3rrt 01-06-2013 03:18 AM

Sounds like you are doin' it all the right way! Great work and congrats on the success!

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 01-06-2013 04:05 AM

Very nice. Living the dream man!!

Mattmo 01-06-2013 04:55 AM

That's beyond awesome! Congratulations to you on achieving steps towards your overall goal!

Johnny_Crunch 01-06-2013 08:34 AM

Nice story sir! Congrats on your success!