3 Homebbq.com
4 Smokin Triggers
5 Barnwood Barbeque
6 Bill and the Dixie Chicks
7 Wild Bunch Butt Burners
8 Firehouse BBQ
9 Big Daddy Butt Rub
10 Smokin Cracker BBQ

Very nice showing Doc and Kevin, and the rest of the Brethren that walked!! Looks like Trigg was up in there too!!

Who's Blazen BBQ?? Don't know if I've heard of or read of them before....are they a fairly new team? Most of the other names I recognize......

Again, Congrats!

EDIT: CONGRATS JIMMY ON YOUR 6TH IN BRISKET!!

Last edited:
Blazen BBQ is one bad ass Texan named Ronnie Wade. He won like a dozen contests in '04 including reserve at the Jack.

Ronnie could be the absolute best BBQer walking. He's definitely on the short list.

Congrats Dr.!!
Looked like a close contest.You must have barely got beat.

Willy T.

congrats Doc!!!

You really have made it a habit of taking those walks.... next time why not just setup next to the trophy table. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Congrats Ray, i'm glad your'e a "Brother" you make us proud!

Thanks guys, but let's not forget Jimmy from Smoking Cracker too. He's doing real well for a fairly new guy. This was a big time contest with some big time cooks.

There are some great KCBS cookoffs in Florida and this is one of them.

Congratulations Ray and everyone that got calls. Glad to see my hometown team, Smokers Wild had a couple good calls.
Looks like the spread between Grand and Reserve must have been mighty close too.

drbbq said:
Thanks guys, but let's not forget Jimmy from Smoking Cracker too. He's doing real well for a fairly new guy. This was a big time contest with some big time cooks.

There are some great KCBS cookoffs in Florida and this is one of them.

Thanks Ray
I am real happy with 10th and a walk in Brisket 6th.
That was the biggest contest I ever tried.
Wow a lot of big time names all in one place!!!
As the rigs were pulling in on Friday and looking around is was easy to get overwhelmed....

43 pro teams on the Tally Sheet

Triggers, Dr. BBQ, Blazen BBQ, Bad Byron, Home BBQ, Smokers Wild, Woodhouse, Hawg Nutz, Bill & Dixie, Fire House, and on & on.

My bad... I was blowing thru the scorsheets to see where DrB was and went right past Jimmy.. Congrats to u cracker!!! Love seeing them names in top 10s! Congrats again.!

Contrats to everyone. I judged but didn't get to stick around until awards.

I got to talk with Jimmy, Mike, Ray, Kevin, Rob and a few new teams - it was definately a preview of the winter season here in Florida.

Tim and I are kicking around cooking at Lakeland - but if that doesn't work out I'll definately head over to judge.

Again, congrats to Ray, Jimmy, and Kevin for their top 10 finishes.

BBQchef33 said:
My bad... I was blowing thru the scorsheets to see where DrB was and went right past Jimmy.. Congrats to u cracker!!! Love seeing them names in top 10s! Congrats again.!
Same from me Jimmy! I appologize for not mentioning you personally my brother! I got off into the Blazen BBQ thing, wondering who that team was, and well, the rest is just old age......:roll:

Congrats Ray, awesome day... I think you got your edge back, great job... And as I said on another forum.. For those who were wondering who Blazen BBQ was, you could almost hear a collective oh sh** when they pulled up on Friday, that should explain it. And last but not least, congrats to Jimmy. Looks like you had a pretty nice birthday.

Congats to all the brethern and to Smokers Wild for their chicken and pork calls. Sharon and Don are from the KC area and board members of Kookers Kare.

Back