The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Do You Like This Site?? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38011)

spicewine 02-20-2008 09:15 PM

Do You Like This Site??

Brothers and Sisters: This site has grown so much !! We have learned so much from each other and have met some new freinds.

This site has grown so much that it has become a great expense.

Untill now, Phil and a number of brothers have beared the expense to keep he site up and running. Now it is time to give back a little of what you have gotten from the site .

I just hit PayPal to help keep this site running. How about YOU!!

Spice

nthole 02-20-2008 10:29 PM

This is like deja vu, like deja vu, like deja vu.

Jay, you've been a busy man. :wink:

MilitantSquatter 02-20-2008 10:31 PM

Jay - Thanks for the reminder.

This site that Phil has started with other founding members provides a great outlet for all of us to discuss upcoming contests, contest results, feedback, issues facing sanctioning bodies, judging classes etc. along with other parts of the site not specific to competition.

With all that great info, unfortunately there are growing costs associated with maintaining the infrastructure of this growing site that should not be carried by a select few.

So, if you find that this site brings you value, entertainment, friendships etc. I urge each of you to hit that little "Donate" button on the upper right of the Toolbar to help support the costs by giving what you can.

If all of us can just remember to make small contributions every so often (monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly etc). it will make a great difference to ensure operational costs are covered.

Thanks again Jay !!!!!

Brauma 02-20-2008 10:45 PM

Done. Great job all.

As a member who is just now, after all this time, getting into competitions, I thank you all for my education. And I thank you for the friendship and camaraderie. I hope my contribution helps.

Ron_L 02-20-2008 10:50 PM

I'm in! If I look at the money I have saved by not buying lousy restaurant BBQ, a periodic donations is nothing!

SmokeInDaEye 02-21-2008 07:59 AM

Will do. Thanks for the info, guys, and, as always, thanks for opening your home to us Poobah!

tonto1117 02-21-2008 08:18 AM

Allways my pleasure to do so.:wink:

CritterCook 02-21-2008 08:54 AM

Isn't this double dippin? lol

CharlieBeasley 02-21-2008 09:01 AM

Done thanks Jay

SloppyQ 02-21-2008 09:04 AM

Just smacked the donate button and it didn't even smack back, that was easy. When the weather warms up I'll smack that button a little harder.:wink:
Thanks for the nudge Jay. Lets see some others, this is a great place for us all.

tonto1117 02-21-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CritterCook (Post 567527)
Isn't this double dippin? lol

I prefer to think of it as complete coverage...:biggrin::lol:

Fatback Joe 02-21-2008 09:39 AM

Done! Money well spent........just don't tell my wife. LOL

Smokin' Gnome BBQ 02-21-2008 11:55 AM

I have and will again, this site would have saved me a bunch in how to books, plus I know if I need help at a comp a Bretheren isnt far and are will to help, just as I am!!

Sledneck 02-21-2008 12:50 PM

The subscription has a glitch and will be repaired this afternoon.The poohbah is swamped with work today and will straighten everything out this afternoon. everybody remain calm, your beers will come.

chromesporty 02-21-2008 09:01 PM

Wish I had seen the donate tab earlier. Glad to help the folks that put in so much hard work to keep this site what it is. Thanks to all!