• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

reheating and serving in crock pot

BriGreentea

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm smoking a pork shoulder to become pulled pork for a group lunch tomorrow. I plan on refrigerating tonight and reheating in a crock pot. Last time I tried this less then 2 hours in on low setting (pulled chicken)and was pretty luke warm and had to resort to taking it out from the element and putting in a microwave at work. So is at least 3 hours on low will work in a crock pot before serving then place it on warm? Also, would you suggest putting a little water in it to prevent drying out or no? Thanks.

If it was me I'd plug 'em up on Low at home overnight and carry to the salt mine in the Crackpots set them to warm and let it ride. I don't have Dry Pulled Pork! I drain the foil and retain the juices after running through a Fat separator I pour the good stuff back in along with a little ENC vinegar sauce if need.

I reheat regularly in a crockpot. I use a little apple cider vinegar and turn it on high until it is simmering. Then flip to low or keep warm til served. Should be able to go from fridge to service within 2 hours. At least with my crock pot. I think a little moisture helps with the crock pot

I did two butts last Fri, pulled and refrigerated, sat about 8am, put it in the crock pot on warm by noon it was gone. I don't know if it got hot but no one complained.

Prior to switching jobs I used to bring in my leftover comp pork to work. Normally between 5-8lbs. I would put it in the crock pot around 8:30am with either apple juice or even a little water works (maybe 1/2 cup). I set it to "High" and would stir about every 45mins-1hr and was ready by noon. One of the things that helps with clean up is the crock pot liner bags. They are awesome for clean up.

I bring pulled pork in pretty much like fnbish just posted. Bring some extra sauce for the side and your a hero every time.

Perfect. Thank you..I have some.apple juice. I was thinking injecting with it in the beginning but I have found cola injected is incredible and from me I am not a fan of pork on a regular basis.

It's all going to depend on your crockpot. The one I have is pretty new and has HIGH / LOW / WARM setting. High will boil, low will slow cook something and warm will keep already hot food warm. If I am going to serve food like that, I will go on high to bring it to temp and then drop it to warm...

Back