The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Throwdowns (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   BBQ Brethren "Brisket Appreciation" Throwdown! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111808)

bigabyte 07-21-2011 05:24 PM

BBQ Brethren "Brisket Appreciation" Throwdown!

Our new category is...

"Brisket Appreciation!"
http://images6.cpcache.com/nocache/p...olor-White.jpg
Image from Cafe Press. No well loved dog should go without one of these.!

...as chosen by R2Egg2Q, the winner of the Independence Day Throwdown!

Here is how R2Egg2Q would like to see this Throwdown go...
Quote:

Originally Posted by R2Egg2Q
There's been an awful lot of "UN-appreciation" threads lately and I think it's time for some Appreciation around here.

I gave some thought to making it an appreciation for all of the Un-appreciation targets but I'd hate to see a Rare or Med-Rare brisket/ribs or any dish in connection with the TSA.

Therefore, I'm going with the first of the Un-appreciation threads and say we should have a "Brisket Appreciation" TD in which brisket can be presented in any form (sliced, folded, burnt ends, pastrami, even a wagyu burger-hopefully not repeated) as long as it is appreciated by the poster!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/22 through Sunday 7/31.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 7/31.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 8/1 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 8/6. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the TV Dinner Throwdown until Sunday night 7/24 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Fajita Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

deguerre 07-21-2011 05:26 PM

OK, Now I know what I'm gonna do with that choice CAB 14 lb packer...

Haven't done a brisket in over a year now (and NEVER on my Cajun Bandit) and my cat's been complainin'

:thumb:

bluetang 07-21-2011 07:15 PM

So back me in a farkin corner already. Never done one, I'm in, I'm IN!

landarc 07-21-2011 07:17 PM

Wait a minute! Wait just a minute here! John cooks one of the best briskets I have ever seen and had. And he calls brisket? (I wish I could have) I gotta get in on this. Now I really wish I had Groundhog's old WSM. :becky:

Pitmaster T 07-21-2011 07:18 PM

I hope My credit goes through

R2Egg2Q 07-21-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 1719072)
Wait a minute! Wait just a minute here! John cooks one of the best briskets I have ever seen and had. And he calls brisket? (I wish I could have) I gotta get in on this. Now I really wish I had Groundhog's old WSM. :becky:

I had no choice but to call this. Guerry's cat has been relentlessly sending me PMs to show some appreciation for Brisket! :roll: I have the feeling we may see a very appreciative kitty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitmaster T (Post 1719073)

Your credit is excellent here. :-D

deguerre 07-22-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 1719072)

Clean your pants first...

Gore 07-22-2011 08:12 AM

Fark, fark, fark...now this is called. :roll:

deguerre 07-22-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gore (Post 1719618)
Fark, fark, fark...now this is called. :roll:

Can you fit a packer in an Optigrill?

txschutte 07-22-2011 08:21 AM

WOOO HOOO!!!! Another goose egg for me!!!

Gore 07-22-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1719628)
Can you fit a packer in an Optigrill?

There is that problem, but there is also the problem of finding a brisket. I was really looking forward to cooking one when I got back. Perhaps Chris can bend the rules hand leave this one open for another month. :becky:

Will work for bbq 07-22-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gore (Post 1719678)
There is that problem, but there is also the problem of finding a brisket. I was really looking forward to cooking one when I got back. Perhaps Chris can bend the rules hand leave this one open for another month. :becky:

He'll bend a brisket, no problem but I don't know if he'll bend the rules though. But then again you know him better than I do.:becky:

Gore 07-22-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitmaster T (Post 1719073)

Credit? :shocked: Do we have an entrance fee now? :shocked: :shocked:

deguerre 07-22-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2Egg2Q (Post 1719114)
I had no choice but to call this. Guerry's cat has been relentlessly sending me PMs to show some appreciation for Brisket! :roll: I have the feeling we may see a very appreciative kitty.

I'd better hurry...he's after me already.:shock:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/pi...pictureid=2275

Gore 07-22-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1719783)
I'd better hurry...he's after me already.:shock:

He's not going to eat all the brisket ... right? :hungry: :becky: