The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   BBQ Pitmasters - Memphis Style - Coming Up... (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150516)

thirdeye 12-30-2012 07:42 PM

BBQ Pitmasters - Memphis Style - Coming Up...

... in 20 minutes (in my area anyways). Who else is tuning in????

trufunk 12-30-2012 07:44 PM

I will

tbutts 12-30-2012 07:52 PM

I will be watching. I have enjoyed this season so far.

bcaggie07 12-30-2012 07:55 PM

I will be tuning in along with the family. Just got done shooting my audition reel for season 5 with my dad.

BBQ_Steve 12-30-2012 08:29 PM

Watching. I thought apple sauce on the ribs was pretty interesting...

thirdeye 12-30-2012 08:32 PM

Holy cross contamination Batman, did you see Craig rub those chicks?

Callahan-que 12-30-2012 08:52 PM

That show will be repeated 11 PM eastern time in case anyone missed it.

thirdeye 12-30-2012 08:55 PM

This one is kind of disappointing.

Hoss 12-30-2012 10:27 PM

Mr. Wayne,UNFORTUNATELY ,MOST Memphis Bbq is disappointing nowadays.:mad: There are a FEW good ones left but not many.The good ones are in a part of town that you need armed bodyguards to visit.There are a few newer one but they are so commercialized it is sickening.

WhiskeyPigBbq 12-30-2012 10:51 PM

When they brought out the band saw I started to glance over at my wife and she instantly responded, "no freaking way dont even get any ideas...." :doh:

BobM 12-30-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeyPigBbq (Post 2311845)
When they brought out the band saw I started to glance over at my wife and she instantly responded, "no freaking way dont even get any ideas...." :doh:

Tell her it's what all the good pitmasters have. :-P

Birdie 12-31-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeyPigBbq (Post 2311845)

LOL
Well I might have to get my wife to quit watching it. Was cutting up some brisket to make some chili tonight and she warmed up a slice and eat it, said it was tender and tasted good but I needed to work on the smoke ring :cool: I think she likes the show more than I do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

thirdeye 12-31-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoss (Post 2311825)
Mr. Wayne,UNFORTUNATELY ,MOST Memphis Bbq is disappointing nowadays.:mad: There are a FEW good ones left but not many.The good ones are in a part of town that you need armed bodyguards to visit.There are a few newer one but they are so commercialized it is sickening.

That's a shame....

I guess what I meant was these guys were able to cook 5 or 6 racks... but only needed to turn in 3-wet, and 3-dry ribs...... and the judges could hardly tell the styles apart. Then, the cooks each used 3 chickens to come up with a pile of pulled white meat, and a pile of pulled dark meat..... two of 'em didn't really pull the meat, and one turned in undercooked meat. Then,... the judges said that 1 point separated first from third place..... ouch.

JForster 12-31-2012 01:09 AM

Their chicken were all over the place... apparently they didnt listen to the whole "pulled chicken" rule. The ribs looked great though, except tied dye. so far its my least favorite show of the season, the other two episodes had better lookin' 'cue. The right guy won but it was a weak showing for "Memphis, king of BBQ" JMHO this is still better then watching American Idol, the Voice, or any other dumb singing show

que_dawg 12-31-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JForster (Post 2311941)
Their chicken were all over the place... apparently they didnt listen to the whole "pulled chicken" rule. The ribs looked great though, except tied dye. so far its my least favorite show of the season, the other two episodes had better lookin' 'cue. The right guy won but it was a weak showing for "Memphis, king of BBQ" JMHO this is still better then watching American Idol, the Voice, or any other dumb singing show

^^^Amen Brother!, It's nice to see the guys we compete against week in and week out performing well on a show like this and generating more and more interest in BBQ.