The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Who would do your cooking class (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75681)

Contracted Cookers 01-07-2010 08:28 PM

Who would do your cooking class

Great grills. uncle bubs. plowboys. slabs for pork . smoke this bbq for their finish sauce. butchers for brisket. Rod cause damm he is good

Plowboy 01-07-2010 08:46 PM

I'd be the first person to sign up for a Great Grills or 4Men and a Pig class. There are a lot of people in BBQ that I have a lot of respect for, but those are two teams that are in my top bracket that I've looked up to for years.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ 01-07-2010 08:53 PM

I think I would like to take a class by Cool Smoke. Met Tuffy and he seems like he could teach just about anyone the Q, including me!

CajunSmoker 01-07-2010 09:00 PM

Jeff from KC can crew! And Wayne from the Meatheads to round it out

Buster Dog BBQ 01-07-2010 09:19 PM

Would love to see Darren (Smokey D's) do a class.

monty3777 01-07-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Dog BBQ (Post 1137512)

Ditto!

KC_Bobby 01-07-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Dog BBQ (Post 1137512)

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1137690)
Ditto!

Wouldn't he hire either of you?

ique 01-08-2010 06:37 AM

Darren Warth

monty3777 01-08-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Bobby (Post 1137724)
Wouldn't he hire either of you?

Probably Rod, but not me. I think I may have offended him in Nevada. I asked him to sample one of my burnt ends. He was cool about it but commented that his wife should try the burnt end because eating it would make him puke. He was referring to being around comp BBQ too much. His wife obliged and was really helpful with her comments. That was the first time we included burnt ends in our box - and the first call for us in brisket, so I'm really grateful to Smokey D's!

In my jackhole way I thanked him for telling me my Q was so bad it would make him puke. I'm not sure he knew I was joking :icon_blush:

Either way, those folks have my eternal gratitude!

KC_Bobby 01-08-2010 09:40 AM

Nate, I wouldn't sweat it. Darren has a way with words himself and is able to take it too. You are going to the IBS Banquet right?

Balls Casten 01-08-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1137822)
because eating it would make him puke.

Nate he used the same comment about his own Q at the Spring Traning class last year. I dont think it had anything to do with you. Him and contest meat in general.

monty3777 01-08-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls Casten (Post 1137987)
Nate he used the same comment about his own Q at the Spring Traning class last year. I dont think it had anything to do with you. Him and contest meat in general.

Yeah, I know - like I mentioned both he and his wife were great. The problem is that my comment may have come out sounding different than I intended - like I was accusing him or something. That has always been my problem. I am nowhere near as funny as I think I am. :roll::icon_cool

paydabill 01-08-2010 12:31 PM

I would love to do Great Grills 2 invitational and 2 GAB invitationals. I have begged for years to get on that.

I would do plowboys, however money is super tight this year.

Buster Dog BBQ 01-08-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1137822)
Probably Rod, but not me. I think I may have offended him in Nevada. I asked him to sample one of my burnt ends. He was cool about it but commented that his wife should try the burnt end because eating it would make him puke. He was referring to being around comp BBQ too much. His wife obliged and was really helpful with her comments. That was the first time we included burnt ends in our box - and the first call for us in brisket, so I'm really grateful to Smokey D's!

In my jackhole way I thanked him for telling me my Q was so bad it would make him puke. I'm not sure he knew I was joking :icon_blush:

Either way, those folks have my eternal gratitude!

LOL. Said the exact same thing to me at Nevada. I can't fault him. Who wants to eat their own stuff let alone someone else's come the end of August.

monty3777 01-08-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Dog BBQ (Post 1138155)
LOL. Said the exact same thing to me at Nevada. I can't fault him. Who wants to eat their own stuff let alone someone else's come the end of August.

Yeah, but Rod, your brisket really sucked! :wink:

See, that's my idea of funny. This is why I have so few friends:roll:8-)

Back to the thread. I'm looking forward to Mike Davis's class because he cooks on an off-set and I'd like to get his ideas about fire management.