Saveur 100: Red Boat Sauce at #48

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis
For all those Red Boat lovers, Red Boat made this year's Saveur list. We can say we read about it here before it went big time! Congrats! :thumb:

We just used ours last night in a pork marinade (and the night before).

fish_sauce.gif

now where is that recipe thread....

Congrats! :thumb:

(for those who don't know Red Boat Sauce is a project of one of our very own Brethren - who will remain nameless at this time)

Just didn't feel it was my place to spread his business about. if he wants to do so...then that is up to him. :becky:

Well, I'm not shy. I know Rob wouldn't post this, but I'm not afraid of mentioning that this is the project of our own Smokejumper. And I don't mind tooting his horn, because it is a great product and great products deserve all the tooting they can get or they have a tendency of disappearing and then we're left with inferior products. So it's in my own interest that I toot this horn.

So, if and when he shows up, don't forget to yell surprise, and make sure your partyhat is on.

I'm all ready. :icon_clown

Yes, i saw that and emailed it to him, he is stuck in Portland, horror of horrors, and is sending me emails daily of the horrible craft ales and fancy donuts he is drinking and eating everyday. Gawds how I am hating him of late. And still no report of Franks Noodle House, where the noodles are made fresh everyday.

Yes, Smokejumper is the guy who has been marketing and doing sales for Red Boat and I am sure this was a nice surprise for him.

[Holds hands to ears]. Nah. Nah. Nah. Nah. Can't hear you....

I really enjoy reading this every year. To the point where I don't even look at the table of contents before reading so that I can be surprised as I page through.

So, for me, your post needs a "spoiler alert." ;-)

[Holds hands to ears]. Nah. Nah. Nah. Nah. Can't hear you....

I really enjoy reading this every year. To the point where I don't even look at the table of contents before reading so that I can be surprised as I page through.

So, for me, your post needs a "spoiler alert." ;-)

Sorry about that. I promise I won't tell you the other 99. :becky:

I know what you mean though. It is always a really special issue for me too and I NEVER look at the Table of Contents.

Item number 1 - premade wonton wrappers from store
Item number 2 - Weber kettles
Item number 3 - Thermapens

should I go on?

Sorry about that. I promise I won't tell you the other 99. :becky:

I know what you mean though. It is always a really special issue for me too and I NEVER look at the Table of Contents.

Thanks. It's always fun to see what I've already got or heard about and what I want to check out. I've been getting it since the first time they did the 100- we went to the beach between Xmas and New Year's back then, and it always seemed to come right before we left.

Just ordered my first bottle! Can't wait to try it.

I had never been a fish sauce user before cuz I thought it was way too fishy. With Red Boat, the salty, ocean flavor comes through without the fishy stuff. I use this now as a salt substitute in many things I make. I really believe it adds an extra hit of taste/flavor without the need for MSG.

Back