THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liquordude

I've got a friend that gave me a small pile of wood from a Tangerine tree that he cut down a while back and I was thinking about throwing several chunks in my UDS and cooking some chicken this weekend. I've used other fruit woods before, but never anything citrus. Anyone have any insight?

For sure!! Citrus is great for smoking, I've used it for fish... Should be amazing with Salmon! Go for it brother! Just make sure its pretty dry.

Cheers

Go easy with it the first time out.

I have used grapefruit in the past and a little bit seemed to go a long way.

God I hate grapefruit lol I wouldn't ever use that because I would be to scared that my food would taste like the fruit :sick:. All that said throw four fist full chunks in that basket and upload some pron when your done with the cook:wink:

I've used smoking pellets made from orange wood and enjoyed the chicken and pork I've made with it.

I have used orange wood in the past on both pork and chicken which turned out great. I would think tangerine would be similar but I'd only use a few small chunks at first until you get a feel for the density of smoke it produces. You could always light a small chunk by itself in a chimney and see what it looks like.

Back