The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ABT's (Little Help Here!) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10680)

jeffsasmokin 02-12-2005 02:18 AM

ABT's (Little Help Here!)

Thanks to Brother Jay, I'll be breakin' in the new Charcoal Basket and firing up the 'Dera today. Besides the BB's and Spares, my Wife wants me to throw in some ABT's. One problem.........I don't have my Chile Grill yet. Anybody have some substitute ways of of racking them upright in the Chamber? I've got a few ideas, but thought someone might already have a tried and true method they can share?

Bigmista 02-12-2005 04:43 AM

I usually run a metal skewer thru them

Neil 02-12-2005 05:28 AM

Whats a Chile Grill? I just lay them down on the grate. I picked up a pastry filler at Kitchen Collections a couple of weeks ago and it works great for stuffing those japs. It's basically a small caulk gun with exchangeable tips.

jeffsasmokin 02-12-2005 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Whats a Chile Grill? I just lay them down on the grate. I picked up a pastry filler at Kitchen Collections a couple of weeks ago and it works great for stuffing those japs. It's basically a small caulk gun with exchangeable tips.

They're in our "Links" section. Pretty cool little items, but the closest vendor is in Orlando, so I'll have to see if he'll ship 'em.

tommykendall 02-12-2005 07:55 AM

Mista smokes acorns

Bigmista 02-12-2005 12:24 PM

TK eats acorns. Those are the one I made when you came to my place!

jeffsasmokin 02-13-2005 05:33 AM

Well, I ended up using Mista's method for the time being and it worked well. (Thanks Mista!). I can tell you that the Chile Grills in our Links section would make life alot easier when your doing a bunch of 'em! Got to order some soon!

Bigmista 02-13-2005 09:18 AM

Woo-Hoo! I'm always excited I could help a brother out! I get so much help from the brothers, it's always nice to be able to give something back.

jeffsasmokin 02-13-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista
Woo-Hoo! I'm always excited I could help a brother out! I get so much help from the brothers, it's always nice to be able to give something back.

That you did my friend!

Heimelswine 02-13-2005 11:45 AM

Guys, I need to get a digital camera! I do mine a little differently, and it probably costs me a bunch of time. I cut mine about half way through near the top, then I slice it from the top to the bottom on the belly side of the jap. This way I can open it up and take a small knife and cut out the seeds and membrane. Then I fill it and wrap it with bacon which holds it closed. I leave the stems on them and grill em. The bacon seals them up and the stems give you a place to hold on to while you eat them, and I think the stems add "atmosphere", or some french presentation phrase here. :wink: When they cool just a little, they are pretty firm and make a wonderful presentation on a platter.

jeffsasmokin 02-13-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heimelswine
Guys, I need to get a digital camera! I do mine a little differently, and it probably costs me a bunch of time. I cut mine about half way through near the top, then I slice it from the top to the bottom on the belly side of the jap. This way I can open it up and take a small knife and cut out the seeds and membrane. Then I fill it and wrap it with bacon which holds it closed. I leave the stems on them and grill em. The bacon seals them up and the stems give you a place to hold on to while you eat them, and I think the stems add "atmosphere", or some french presentation phrase here. :wink: When they cool just a little, they are pretty firm and make a wonderful presentation on a platter.

Porky, that makes sense..........Thanks, I'll have to try it next time. Still want a damm Chile Grill though! :twisted:

Heimelswine 02-13-2005 11:50 AM

I forgot to mention why I leave the tops on, it holds the stuffin' in. That's what started it and the stems were a by product. It's what I learned to do.

cabo 02-13-2005 12:33 PM

HeHeHeHe!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sorry guy,
But reading your post, and seeing your avatar made me think, just for a second, that it was a commercial. “The Pig” (Piggly Wiggly) is big down here in S.C. The only thing missing was

“I forgot to mention FOLKS why I leave the tops on, it holds the stuffin' in. That's what started it and the stems were a by product. It's what I learned to do.”

They have a section in their flyers that give some cooking tips.
Some are pretty good.