http://www.queforthetroops.com/Que_For_The_Troops/Home.html

A PA State BBQ Championship Qualifier
All proceeds benefit the Liberty USO

May 18-20, 2012
Falls Township Community Park
9125 Mill Creek Rd
Levittown, PA 19054
For more info call Tom @ 215-603-2508
*** The 2nd Annual Que For The Troops will be a National BBQ Cook-off, and a BBQ Brethren event.

*** Teams will spend the weekend barbecuing Pork, Chicken and Beef in the hopes to take home $6500 in cash & prizes and bragging rights amongst their peers.

*** In addition there will be entertainment for the whole family including live music, arts and crafts vendors, kids rides and games.

*** Saturday will feature a car show and Sunday will finish up with the BBQ Awards Ceremony and a motorcycle show.

*** All proceeds from this event will be donated to Liberty USO.

*** Liberty USO is the only USO unit in the country that serves a full hot meal for troops deploying overseas to Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. They are also the only USO in America that serves a full hot home meal. In 7 years they have done this for every outbound and inbound flight regardless of the day, weather, or time. Last year alone they served over 20,000 troops and their families. The only funding that they receive is by private donations and fund raisers.

*** Thank you for your interest in the second annual Que for the Troops BBQ cookoff. This will be a Pennsylvania state championship qualifier and is a BBQ Brethren event. It is being held at the Falls Township Community Park, 9125 Mill Creek Rd, Levittown PA.

*** This will be a three* day event with Friday being a leisurely set up day and a covered dish get together in the evening.* Saturday will start out with the late arrivals getting in and situated by 10 am. Later in the afternoon we will be having an “Anything Butt”* and Dessert contest . On Sunday we will start the day with an awesome breakfast being cooked and served by the Smoke’n Dudes Crew, then it is right into the four main categories with judging starting at the normal times.
*** There will be live music & entertainment and a craft show all weekend, also a car show on Saturday and motorcycles on Sunday. There will also be rides and plenty of fun for the kids and the whole family to come and enjoy.
*** All proceeds from this event will be donated to Liberty USO.* I know most of you have heard of or seen the shows put on by the USO but you probably don’t know that the only funding that they receive is by private donations and*fund raisers.
*** USO of* Pennsylvania* and Southern New Jersey is referred to as Liberty USO, they have their office at Philadelphia International Airport*Terminal*A-E, where a lounge is maintained 24/7 by volunteers. There our military personnel and their families can relax while waiting for connecting or canceled flights, etc. They have bunks, showers, a TV lounge, computer terminals, and dining room.
*** Liberty USO maintains the only USO unit in the country that serves a full hot meal for troops deploying overseas to Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. They are also the only USO in America* that serves a* full hot home meal. In 7 years they have done this for every outbound and inbound flight regardless of the day, weather, or time. Last year alone they served over 20,000 troops and their families. THESE PEOPLE NEED OUR SUPPORT !!!**
Competitor Forms
Que For The Troops Competitors Page
Burntside Down, Eatontown, NJ
Butthead BBQ, East Norriton, PA
Little Luke BBQ, Lumberton, NJ
PA Midnite Smokers, Willow Street, PA
Ribs Within, Hillsborough, NJ
White Dog BBQ, Danbury, CT
Confirmed Participants

I was a spectator last year and had a great time. I'm thinking of competing this year. I hope to see some of you guys there either way.

By the way, this one is probably my favorite of my BBQ T-shirts!

they had the coolest trophies last year..one was 7' tall.I thought it was a well run event.

It was a well run event last year. I'm on the fence between this and Middletown.

Their web site list $6500 in prize money...any idea on payout schedule?

Back