The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45312)

motoeric 07-01-2008 12:20 PM

Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

this thread is for information and questions about the event
please post chatter and commentary in the 'Roll Call' thread

Battle of the BBQ Brethren

presented by the
Greater Sayville Chamber of Commerce

Sayville, Long Island; New York

Oct. 24 - 26, 2008

Applications for Cooks and Judges is now up at www.bbqbattleli.com

This is a registered State Championship, with proclamation from Governor David Patterson.

This event is sanctioned by the KCBS and we hope to have NEBS sanctioning ASAP.

Friday: Set-up and Chili
Saturday: Grilling and Kids Q
Sunday: BBQ

Event Reps: Linda Mullane and Don Lovely

Last years event was sold out. We have more room this year, but please sign up as early as possible. We expect slots to sell quickly.

Our goal is to make the Battle of the BBQ Brethren the most cook friendly event in America. We have ambitious goals and we are working hard to provide more amenities than last year, which included:

Goodie Bag
Clean-up assistance
Team dinner
Team breakfast
Ice delivery
Free gallon of drinking water
Live music
and more

We look forward to seeing as many Brethren at this event as possible.

Eric Devlin

motoeric 07-01-2008 01:29 PM

Event Information

The Event Organizers handling the BBQ aspects of the Sayville Fall Festival are donating two of their 'lots' at the event to Breast Cancer Help, Inc.

They are a fantastic charity and do wonderful work raising funds for needed programs and equipment.

Last year we helped them to raise over $6,000.00. We hope to exceed that this year. There will be raffles and other fundraising activities. If you can help in any way, please let me know.

If you would be willing to help out with a demonstration on anything remotely BBQ related for the public, please let us know.

Making rubs, types of sauces, how to pull pork, side dishes; whatever you can help with would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

motoeric 07-08-2008 02:37 AM

For those that are interested, we are working on providing the availability of purchasing private porta-potties for the event.

We are also working on having a judging and cooking class prior to the event.

-The classes and the porta-potties have nothing to do with each other-

WannaBeBBQueen 07-08-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoeric (Post 681248)
For those that are interested, we are working on providing the availability of purchasing private porta-potties for the event.

so now how much would a personal porta-potty cost????lol and where would the placement be? lol

motoeric 07-08-2008 02:43 PM

I will announce the cost as soon as I have it and you can have it placed next to your spot and attach a lock to it (you supply the lock).

HolySmoke 07-08-2008 03:56 PM

this is a great idea, will they be the same type as last year?? beats that walk to potty lane.

Frank Sacco 07-08-2008 09:16 PM

Eric,
Thanks for all your dedication and hard work to put this event together. Last year was outstanding, job well done.

motoeric 07-08-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Sacco (Post 682046)
Eric,
Thanks for all your dedication and hard work to put this event together. Last year was outstanding, job well done.

I'm happy to help out, but I get too much credit. The Chamber does all the heavy lifting and people like Sled, Phil, Greg et all put in a lot of time and effort.

Eric

Frank Sacco 07-09-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoeric (Post 682097)
I'm happy to help out, but I get too much credit. The Chamber does all the heavy lifting and people like Sled, Phil, Greg et all put in a lot of time and effort.

Eric

Hats off to Sled, Poobah and Greg.

Sledneck 07-09-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Sacco (Post 682663)
Hats off to Sled, Poobah and Greg.

Nah no hats for us, if not for Willie B we would not be having this discussion

rbsnwngs 07-10-2008 07:02 AM

dont thank me i'm not involved It's all Eric and the chamber

motoeric 07-17-2008 12:54 PM

Ok, for those that are interested; personal porta-pottie rentals are possible. I think it's exorbitant, but I believe the fee is $250.00. I will confirm that.

Eric

SmokeInDaEye 07-17-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoeric (Post 688380)
Ok, for those that are interested; personal porta-pottie rentals are possible. I think it's exorbitant, but I believe the fee is $250.00. I will confirm that.

Eric

Nah, I can get my own for a $0.25.

When you arrive, take the quarter, put it in the little notch on the little occupied/empty wheel on the door of one of their porta-potties and flip to occupied, thus locking the door and ensuring your private bathroom remains empty and CLEAN for your next visit.

HolySmoke 07-17-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye (Post 688409)
Nah, I can get my own for a $0.25.

When you arrive, take the quarter, put it in the little notch on the little occupied/empty wheel on the door of one of their porta-potties and flip to occupied, thus locking the door and ensuring your private bathroom remains empty and CLEAN for your next visit.

now that's a great idea, i might stick a noise maker in mine so nobody knocks looking to use it...:wink:

Sledneck 07-17-2008 03:15 PM

at the last grill kings in elmont they provided a port a potty for each person no extra charge