Kids Q (Put up some pics of your kids doing their Q)

Good idea Jim!

First two are my daughter Taylor working on her entry at Dillon, CO. The third is her Kids Q Grand at Sedalia, MO in June.

Attachments

• taylor1.jpg
    taylor1.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 162
  • taylor2.jpg
    taylor2.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 162
  • taylor3.jpg
    taylor3.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 160
This is a great idea... congrats to you two and all the others that post afterward. You can never have to much quality time with the kidos!!!

Here are pics of Slednecks son Steven from this weekends New Holland Summerfest... (my camera... not my kid)

Last edited:
We have a page of the website devoted to all the kids Que pics, etc.
Check some of these out!!!

http://www.smokeonwheels.com/4.html

40+ pics from all the kids ques this year. Kaylin has cooked in at least 8!! She even went to Sedalia to cook with the Mokan Crew when I was cooking at the LP Que in Iowa. Lots of other teams kids out there too...

Those are some awesome photos, Andy! These kids have a blast at BBQ contests! That is until they get overly tired and have melt-downs! We both know what those are like. :shock:

Couple from this year. My oldest daughter (Frankie) is on the left and the smallest daughter (Winter) is...well, the smallest one. The other is a friend that Frankie brought along.

Got thrid place on their chicken wings in Marshalltown.

P2010067.jpg

P2020075.jpg

My girls have taken a liking to painting the que meat with mustard, so it is now thier job.
It's still my job to clean up...:eek:
P1010119.jpg

Last edited:
Justin Kelly Tommy in STL cook for homeless

Justin is Mine Kelly and Tommy are niece and nephew. Good idea Jim

pic005b.jpg

this is a great idea! My 10 yr old, Rebecca, cooked our fish category in Merrimac, NH. This wasn't a Kid's Q, but she took 5th the week before so we had her do it again... then she told Gary that she was taking not only the trophy, but the $100 as well. That's my girl!

Attachments

• DSC03435.jpg
    DSC03435.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03347.jpg
    DSC03347.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03346.jpg
    DSC03346.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03341.jpg
    DSC03341.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC03340.jpg
    DSC03340.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 72
Awesome, what a great idea. I love seeing the children involved; this is some great quality time and they are ever so proud; rightfully so! Congratulations to the parents that get the children involved and share this special time and to the kids for givin' it all they got and for their winnings, too. Keep on keepin' on!

Here are pics of Slednecks son Steven from this weekends New Holland Summerfest...
kidsq8.jpg

Vinny great of you to mentor Steven on the art of competition chicken. Gotta love the Big Brother program and how it teaches kids what they can't learn at home. :mrgreen:

This thread is the best thread I have read in a while. I love to see the faces of the kids and how proud they of there accomplishments and how the parents mentor them. I am smiling ear to ear.

Our oldest grand daughter has been doing kids Q for 3 years now, but only a couple of events a year....she does excellent with the prep work and getting the box ready, but she is afraid of the heat from the grill, so it's always a fight when it comes to cooking time. It gets way too stressful for me.......LOL

Attachments

• miah@bc5.jpg
    miah@bc5.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
Back