Need BGE advice

GEORGIA BULLHAWGS

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have found a XL BGE for $150. It pretty much is just the ceramic. The hinge is messed up, and it does not have a stand (guy said he had it in a table). Ceramic is not cracked, but does have one small chip near the rim.

Where would be a good place on the web to go and buy the necessary accessories for this at? Will need a hinge, the top. Probably a stand, unless I build a table for it.

I am building a stick burner offset as I type, and not sure I will need the BGE, might repair it and flip it to pay for this offset build.

Currently have $500 in all the steel and 3500# axle, tires and wheels. I figured I could get $600 if the egg was fully repaired easily.

Last edited:
What are you waiting for? Even if you had to buy the parts it sounds like a good deal.If you're building a stick burner you should be able to fab any steel components for it.

I wish I could find one in that shape for that price!!!

I say SCOOOOOOOOORE!!!

Does it have the internal ceramic components (firebox and ring)?

If you speak Spanish you can contact the factory direct in Monterrey Mexico. It may be under Daltile. If not you might try customer service at the Mothership in Tucker Georgia, I believe.

When I bought my Big Green Egg Mini it seems like the bands and hinges came as one unit. 69 for mini and 99 for L and XL. But my paperwork was several year old. Buena Suerte

PS if the internals are in good shape that machine would already be on my patio.

Back