Shipping Que Acrosss Country?

AZCyclone

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Ok, I just had a strange request- My in-laws are throwing a party and would like me to do a couple briskets and pork shoulders and ship them to them across the country. I was wondering if any of you have done this and if/how I should package them to get them there not thawed and nasty?

I see places like the saltlick will sell and ship, but is seems pretty high priced IMHO.

Thanks, I anxiously await your awesome advice!

You would need to send the product "overnight shipping" and use a specialized shipping container with dry ice (C02). That is where a LOT of the expense comes in. And then there is always the liability insurance issue if anyone gets sick if they do not re-heat it properly. The quality could suffer as well.

My sister sent some salmon, from AK, to me once this way. It arrived still frozen. But it cost her A LOT to send it and that was 15 years ago.

Good luck.

That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for your input, once i started calculating the total weight and overnight shipping, looks like they will get part of the secrets to make their own.

Back