The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   For those of you that own a Maverick et-732 or 733 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180450)

rwalters 01-28-2014 04:24 PM

For those of you that own a Maverick et-732 or 733

I would be very interested to know the following:

1) Which model do you own

2) How long have you owned it

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong?

4) Are they accurate?

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself?

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what?

Thanks!!!

Waterboy12 01-28-2014 04:31 PM

1.5 years,

no problems,

calibrated yesterday actually, pot of boiling water both food probe and pit probe were spot as confirmed by the tel-tru's of my Lang.

No need for any CS interaction.

The price point for the Mav is so attractive, I would def go back to another. If money wasn't an option I would look at the Bluetherm Duo.

I hope this helps.

peeps 01-28-2014 04:31 PM

1) Which model do you own - ET732

2) How long have you owned it - A couple years

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? - I have replaced a handful of probes from water damage. One of the vendors here has them on sale regularly.

4) Are they accurate? As far as I know

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? No

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? Most likely a 733.

Fwismoker 01-28-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 2783495)

1) Which model do you own -732

2) How long have you owned it- 1 1/2 years

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? Nope

4) Are they accurate? As far as i know

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? Yes, they replaced a bad longer probe i bought on Amazon

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? Maybe a 733

Thanks!!!

I like my Maverick and have 2 cheaper non wireless ones also.

bvbull200 01-28-2014 04:55 PM

1) Which model do you own? ET-732

2) How long have you owned it? 4 or 5 months

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? Yes. Temps from one probe would spike dramatically despite being within inches of the other. Not convinced new probes fixed it, so may be issue with transmitter, instead/too.

4) Are they accurate? When running right, they have always read properly in boiling/freezing water. See problem above, though.

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? No.

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? No. I'm not sure what I'd replace it with, but when the time comes, I'll open my budget a little and look elsewhere.

sliding_billy 01-28-2014 04:55 PM

1) Which model do you own - 2 732s

2) How long have you owned it - I have had one for about two years (right when they released it) and the other for a little over a year

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? - I had a bad probe, but it was a 3rd party probe that was promptly replaced by the Amazon seller.

4) Are they accurate? - To some degree. I find them very accurate for pit temps, and OK for meat temps. The big issue with meat temp is that it is measuring one spot that it also happens to be sitting in perpetually causing the meat around it and the juices to cook/change temps differently than those not skewered. It is a gauge towards a final determination (whether that is probe tender, bone wiggle, Thermapen, touch test or whatever way you think it the best way).

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? - Nope

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? If one died, I have the other. If both died, I would probably buy another but may consider a Thermoworks unit.

joshcary 01-28-2014 04:56 PM

1) Which model do you own - Maverick ET-732

2) How long have you owned it - A long time... :-D

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? - None at all, though as a retailer that sells them I have replaced a few probes and had a couple bad ones out of the box. This is just a handful (5 - 6) out of thousands though, so I wouldn't worry!

4) Are they accurate? - Yes.

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? As a retailer yes, it's always been great. We deal with them for our customers, so I can't tell you from the customer side.

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? - Another 732 for sure. I own every thermometer we sell and the 732 gets the most use for wireless thermometers for sure.

Happy Hapgood 01-28-2014 04:58 PM

1) Which model do you own - ET 732

2) How long have you owned it: 1.5 years

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? Keep good batteries in it and make sure the probe leads are firmly seated in the transmitter jacks.

4) Are they accurate? Yes

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? Yes, an ET 733.

DaveAlvarado 01-28-2014 04:59 PM

1) Which model do you own
Both, my 733 just arrived today.

2) How long have you owned it
I've had the 732 about a year, the 733 a few hours.

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong?
I've had a pit probe go bad. I'm not gentle to them.

4) Are they accurate?
As far as I can tell, yes. The meat probe you have to learn exactly where to put the tip of it for each hunk of meat, but that's the case with any probe.

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself?
No.

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what?
Another Maverick. Nothing else gives you the same remote probe ability that lets you sit at the other end of the house and watch your temps.

ButtBurner 01-28-2014 05:01 PM

1) Which model do you own 732

2) How long have you owned it a year

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? one probe went bad

4) Are they accurate? seems to be ok

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? yes they replaced the probe no questions asked

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? I would not buy another. In fact, I would not by anything. I can do without it

dad2jsc 01-28-2014 05:22 PM

et 733
2 months
no problems
seems accurate
no
another maverick I also own a thermoworks rt600c-n for quick checks and like it too.
I really like being able to monitor temps without having to be right beside my cooker.

IamMadMan 01-28-2014 06:07 PM

1) Which model do you own - 732[

2) How long have you owned it - 1-1/2 years

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). - No

4) Are they accurate? - Accurate enough for the money

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? - NA

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? - Another Maverick

mikemci 01-28-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 2783495)

1) Which model do you own (et-732)

2) How long have you owned it ( 1 yr.)

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? ( meat probe crapped out, right at 160*, thought I was experiencing a really long stall on a brisket). Ordered 2- 6' meat probes off amazon and a 6' pit probe to replace it when it dies.

4) Are they accurate?( It matches my thermopen very closely, so I would say yes.)

5) Have you had any CS type interaction with the company itself? (Nope, went out and replaced them on my own. I didn't expect that Maverick would replace them ( not in their warranted responsibility you know)).

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? ( Maybe, but I would have to see what else is available at the time. This technology is an ever changing thing).

Thanks!!!

see above.

Happy Hapgood 01-28-2014 07:26 PM

I'm starting to see a consensus.

FatCoyote 01-28-2014 07:26 PM

1) Which model do you own - 732

2) How long have you owned it - a couple years

3) Have you had ANY problems with it (transmitter, receiver or probes). If yes, what went wrong? No - added probes for conscience and replaced one as I crushed a cable.

4) Are they accurate? Yes, however you need to know how far off you actual one is. Mine is -2 degrees on one and +5 degrees on another. I tested via boiling water and via a know accurate oven thermometer. Once you know the variance your good to go.

6) If your Maverick were to die today, would you replace it with another Maverick, or something else? If something else, what? Yes I would buy an exact replacement.