The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Deforest, WI Results (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44045)

Ron_L 06-07-2008 08:02 PM

Deforest, WI Results

From another forum...

Grand - Bringin the Heat (Coz here)
Reserve - Dr. Porkenstein

3 Windy City Smokers
4 Jellyroll Jones
5 Porkrastinators
6 Freeman Bros BBQ
7 Big Bubbas Bavarian Boys
8 Blowin Smoke
9 2 Fat Bikers
10 Harmony BBQ

Congrats to all! is this your first GC, Coz?

Bbq Bubba 06-07-2008 08:32 PM

First grand???
I think this is one of his first comps!!!
Congrats brother!!! :eusa_clap Lookin forward to the details!

Harbormaster 06-07-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba (Post 657530)
First grand???
I think this is one of his first comps!!!

This was Coz's first comp. I could not be happier for the guy.
Also, Freeman Bros BBQ had their first comp, he's new to the forum, and apparently knows what he's doin!
Congrats to all of the brothers!

FEAR THE PIG!

Coz 06-08-2008 07:59 AM

WOW what a weekend.I have a new respect for the folks in Missouri,Iowa etc that have been competing in nasty winds regularly.First a BIG THANK YOU to all who have been helping us learn the game.So many people have spent the time to answer Cozs dumb questions.I do believe that my wife who has never competed in any thing in her life is hooked.
Every one was rushing around to get stuff loaded up as there were sever weather warnings etc.Tornados 40 miles to the north.So one of the contest folks was running around telling every one that if you wanted the results to go to the judging tent and get the results.When I went up two of the folks who have been helping us learn the ropes were congratulating me and I go for what?You won.They asked our team name again and I told them and they showed me the scoring sheets which I didnt know how to read any way.I thought we just got a call in one of the categories but no it was for Grand.
Hard to believe.I never expected any thing in brisket as my clone died in the middle of the nite and we had to finish them in the drum and it looked like the pork and brisket that was cooking was covered in ash.
So anyway our tally was 10th in chicken,1st in Ribs,12th in Pork and 4th in Brisket.
So many people have helped me learn about the Comp game and I owe them all thanks but a couple must be thanked for their really outstanding amount of time and effort in helping us,2 Fat Bikers Buzz and Dan,Dr Porkenstein Alex and Kate and my friend Clark (Harbormaster) who has dedicated a fair amount of time teaching me the ways of the WSMs. Many Many THANK YOUS:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

tonto1117 06-08-2008 08:06 AM

WoooooooHooooooo!!!!!! Too Cool!!! Way to go Coz....I'm so happy for you....:-D:-D:cool:

Stoke&Smoke 06-08-2008 08:34 AM

Man am I jealous!!!

Congrats to all who walked, and glad to hear you all got out of there safely! We were seeing reports up here looking like it was going to be the "Perfect Storm"! News said one large tornado southeast of here was 1/2 mile wide, and had been on the ground for over a half hour.:eek:

Hope to see everyone at Elk Grove next week!

bowhnter 06-08-2008 09:04 AM

That's great! Congratulations!

Roo-B-Q'N 06-08-2008 09:11 AM

Great showing Coz. Very good job!!!!!!

Good job to all all the brothers that walked as well.

afreemaniii 06-08-2008 10:57 AM

Congratulations Coz. We had a great time as well and it looks like we are hooked now too. It was nice meeting you and being setup right next to each other. I know you were pretty worried overnight, but it looks like everything worked out perfectly.

We (Freeman Brothers BBQ) were aiming for a top ten in any category, much less the overall. We took 1st in chicken, 8th in ribs, 11th in pork, and 12th in brisket and finished up just a few spots behind Coz in 6th.

I am rather new to this site, but I can't say thank you enough to everyone who has answered question after question from me and hundreds of other people over the years. I found a wealth of knowledge here that helped us finish so well and I look forward to trying to repeat that finish at the next competition.

afreemaniii 06-08-2008 11:42 AM

10 Attachment(s)
I know the rules; no pics, it never happened. Here are some from the competition.

Some prep work on the chicken.
Attachment 16396

Reinforce the tent from the high winds
Attachment 16399

Friday night eats before...
Attachment 16397

...and after.
Attachment 16398

Coz's camp
Attachment 16400

Sunrise on Saturday morning
Attachment 16401

1st place chicken box
Attachment 16402

Rib box
Attachment 16403

Pork box
Attachment 16404

Brisket box
Attachment 16405

tonto1117 06-08-2008 11:48 AM

Congrat's Aubrey!!!! Thanks for the pics...good looking boxes....in the first pic, what is the story on the Scottish looking bottle on the table??

Solidkick 06-08-2008 12:12 PM

Dude! 1st contest and a GC!! Way To GO!!
Was this a sanctioned event and an AR qualifier??
It took us 4 years to get there in a sanctioned event.
Again....a big Congrats!

Fear The PIG!

(edit)
How rude of me.....:redface:

Congrats to ALL the Brethren that walked!

Coz 06-08-2008 12:36 PM

It was KCBS and they had the State Championship proclamation and 26 teams competed.I am not familar with all of the rules for the AR.So I dont know if its a qualifier or not.

Solidkick 06-08-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coz (Post 658026)
It was KCBS and they had the State Championship proclamation and 26 teams competed.I am not familar with all of the rules for the AR.So I dont know if its a qualifier or not.

I believe that should do it!

Jorge 06-08-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coz (Post 658026)

I'd start siphoning gas tanks for the trip to KC now:wink: