Bacon Weave!

looks like alot of work fo a samich. but nice to see bacon getting the respect it deserves.

I agree with the lot of work, but it would hold the bacon in place better for a BLT. Interesting.......but enough to try it I am not sure.

I'm going to try it

I'll do it Sunday. It really wouldn't be that hard. I wonder if they fried it or put it under a broiler.

Steph

That would be great on top of a stuffed pork loin or something similar for presentation. :cool:

I wonder if you could make little baskets of woven bacon and fill them with breakfast stuff??

I wonder if you could make little baskets of woven bacon and fill them with breakfast stuff??

Use an oven proof cup, maybe a pyrex 2 cup measuring cup, put the cup upside down on a baking sheet, drape the bacon weave over the cup & bake until crisp.

You're stealing my ideas, PH! I was thinking of a small SS mixing bowl, though.
Gonna probably cook them Friday night, chill, then gently warm them up while cooking eggs & spuds in the morning.

How would you

shape them?

I'm a little slow on typing, I see.....

When they cook on the outside of a bowl-shaped object until crisp, they should retain the shape of the bowl. Then you can fill 'em!

You're stealing my ideas, PH! I was thinking of a small SS mixing bowl, though.
Gonna probably cook them Friday night, chill, then gently warm them up while cooking eggs & spuds in the morning.

You know what they say Arlin...Great minds & all :wink:

I like the idea of the bowl better than the cup...

Back