• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pit Barrel Cooker chicken

sparky'

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
wanted to see if i could cook the chicken just as good as last time. it was thanksgiving and my wife and daughters wouldn't let me in the kitchen. i'm hungry. mrs sparky: you got 4 grills out there. go feed yourself. its thanksgiving and were not eating until 5 pm. damn, its only 10 am. i got this.
found noah video on cutting up a chicken. lets give it a whirl.
pbcrules001.jpg

pbcrules002.jpg

pbcrules003.jpg

pbcrules004.jpg

pbcrules010.jpg

done.
pbcrules014.jpg

oh this looks good.
pbcrules012.jpg

pbcrules028.jpg

go 49ers.
pbcrules024.jpg

see what happens when you drink to much on the holidays. the dogs suffers.
pbcrules018.jpg

thank for looking. oh, the chicken was so juicy and tender. the Pit Barrel Cooker is the real deal. works and cooks fantastic. everyone should get one.

Looks great. I was looking at the Pit Barrel a few days back. Amazing deal going currently on the website. I still can't figure out how they don't burn the meat, such as ribs, down sl close to the fire.

Looks great. I was looking at the Pit Barrel a few days back. Amazing deal going currently on the website. I still can't figure out how they don't burn the meat, such as ribs, down sl close to the fire.

I wondered the same when I got mine, but it didn't take long to become a believer. The
PBC has become my go-to cooker (even in competition), except when I need more capacity.

Their current deal is killer for sure.

John

coupon code brings it down to 225, free shipping. Not bad at all if you can't build one yourself.

EDIT: Straight from Patiodaddio

My friends at Pit Barrel are launching an outstanding promotion just in time for Thanksgiving turkey cooking or Christmas giving. If you sign up at Kingsford's grilling site, Grilling.com (it's free), you'll get a promo code that's good for over $100 off a Pit Barrel. That puts it at $225 to your door, via free FedEx shipping

coupon code brings it down to 225, free shipping. Not bad at all if you can't build one yourself.

EDIT: Straight from Patiodaddio

My friends at Pit Barrel are launching an outstanding promotion just in time for Thanksgiving turkey cooking or Christmas giving. If you sign up at Kingsford's grilling site, Grilling.com (it's free), you'll get a promo code that's good for over $100 off a Pit Barrel. That puts it at $225 to your door, via free FedEx shipping

It's a great deal, prior, because that cooker cannot be built for $225 by the average Joe.

John

The first thing I saw is that there isn't any exhaust holes in the lid, and you know, the whole hanging the meat thing.

Haha this post made me laugh. Great looking chicken and that dog is awesome.

You ever burn food close to the fire when you hang it?

I think Im going to build my own and save a boat load of $$. Heading down to get a few barrels now.

I think Im going to build my own and save a boat load of $$. Heading down to get a few barrels now.

Good luck with that. Don't forget the 14" steel pipe and a band saw to cut it with for the coal basket.
Oh, and you'll also need a way to apply the high-temp powder coat. :wink:

John

It's a great deal, prior, because that cooker cannot be built for $225 by the average Joe.

John

I agree, all of the local 55 gallon drums are getting scooped up by pit builders locally so I can't find one on CL. I'm just going to spend the money and be done with it(hopefully) I can't wait to get it and try it out.

I agree, all of the local 55 gallon drums are getting scooped up by pit builders locally so I can't find one on CL. I'm just going to spend the money and be done with it(hopefully) I can't wait to get it and try it out.

Cool. FYI - The PBC is a 30-gallon drum, not 55.

John

Good luck with that. Don't forget the 14" steel pipe and a band saw to cut it with for the coal basket.
Oh, and you'll also need a way to apply the high-temp powder coat. :wink:

John

14" steel pipe for a basket? I don't see what's wrong with a Weber charcoal grate and some expanded metal, rebar or pipe, s- hooks, all available at your local home improvement warehouse... and high temp paint and a paint brush are both readily available and cheap...

Just saying there's more than one way to do it without a bandsaw, special coatings, etc. and he can save a lot of dough in the process.

14" steel pipe for a basket? I don't see what's wrong with a Weber charcoal grate and some expanded metal, rebar or pipe, s- hooks, all available at your local home improvement warehouse... and high temp paint and a paint brush are both readily available and cheap...

Just saying there's more than one way to do it without a bandsaw, special coatings, etc. and he can save a lot of dough in the process.

True, but then you're not building the same cooker. I can build a Pinto and
call it a Corvette (and save a lot of money), but it isn't the same thing.
That's my point.

John

Back