Poll for those who have tried Hot and Fast - Ribs

Register your findings below

• It took me over five tries to master the hot and fast process.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The adjustments to my hot and fast cooks to make a good to exceptional rack of ribs were extensive.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This important poll is for those who have actually BOTH smoked low and slow and Hot and fast ribs.

Please do NOT vote (there will be other polls coming) if you:

Have never tried Low and Slow (below 250 for this case)

Have never PURPOSELY tried Hot and Fast (above 250 for this case)

are voting considering any other meat... this is not about ANYTHING but ribs.

Please restrain yourself... and NO... NO... this is not about saying what is best.... it is for something else. This is also not a case that all development of your recipe ends with Hot and Fast or Low and Slow.

Last edited:
Remember NOT for anything but ribs and if you have NOT done hot and fast or low and slow PLEASE DO NOT VOTE EVEN IF YOU CAN ANSWER SOME OF THE QUESTIONS.

I was lucky to find these odd but informative posts by a former member, Barbafunkoramaque I think, who channeled this "popdaddy" and made a few videos before cooking my fist ribs on a smoker, and, well, it worked pretty damn good.

I already voted, but it occurs to me that I cook full spares, while others cook BB's or STL's. The smaller, lighter weight racks change temperature at a faster rate, which could effect results.

El Ropo... sorry I cannot count your votes... you answered no to I have cooked a rack of hot and fast ribs... if you HAVE NOT DONE BOTH... please do not vote. This is a comparative study from those who have done both.

I've done both, but have done BB's and spares alike. Not sure if that really matters for the purposes of this poll or not Donnie.

Also....I've done both with and without foil and have success both ways. Which I chose at the time depended upon my time constraints or how big of a PIA I wanted to deal with.

Can't wait until we get to page 3 and get to see the pics. :pop2:

N2Qn

you did not vote in question 2... this means you never tried hot and fast, therefore your results will be removed for the purpose of this poll. was this a mistake?

I've done both, but have done BB's and spares alike. Not sure if that really matters for the purposes of this poll or not Donnie.

Also....I've done both with and without foil and have success both ways. Which I chose at the time depended upon my time constraints or how big of a PIA I wanted to deal with.

Nuthin wrong with foil... i learned that when I tried to transfer my skills from the non foil cook on my big stick burners to my webber kettle.

Hot/Fast, Low/Slow, Foil/No-Foil: It's really just a matter of being one with the ribs. ....Are we at page 3 yet? :pop2:

Enkidu.... once again... not part of the results. Please... no voting unless you have done both. If you have not tried "either" there is no way you can say which was was easier or harder.

Hot/Fast, Low/Slow, Foil/No-Foil: It's really just a matter of being one with the ribs. ....Are we at page 3 yet? :pop2:

Geesh.... does this satiate you?

9239.jpg

Shadowdog, sorry, you votes will be rejected because you did not answer yes to question 2. You have to have actually done Hot and Fast to give a comparative analysis on it. Was this a mistake....

Well... I did do it... just not intentionally the first 2 tries w ribs on a gas grill. Couldn't get the temp down tho...

=(

Now that I have a charcoal kettle, I have been successful at L&S!

=)

Well... I did do it... just not intentionally the first 2 tries w ribs on a gas grill. Couldn't get the temp down tho...

=(

Now that I have a charcoal kettle, I have been successful at L&S!

=)

Buddy I get ya... I cooked thousands of pounds of ribs hot and fast on my brazos and meat mama... burned up my first 5 on a weber after that. LOL I can't remember who it was on here that let me know how to do my own technique on a weber.

Okay sampling has close for the purpose of this poll and arriving at results. At this time it appears 26 participated but only 20 can be counted. The first two questions have to be answered YES or there is no way you can answer some of the other questions... though some tried, because you have to compare... and if you said no to either question 1 or 2... then you can;t compare, choose, or evaluate the different processes... at least objectively.

If you're done with sampling then the poll should be closed so others don't respond only to get this far and find out that their input isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back