The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   KCBS BOD Election begins today (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75382)

Merl 01-02-2010 04:59 PM

KCBS BOD Election begins today

The KCBS election for Board of Directors began this morning at 7:32 cst The passwords were sent by e-mail from elections online. This e-mail has your user name, password and link to the election site. The last day to vote is January 15, 2010.
In the event you were a member in good standing as of December 15 and did not receive your user name, password or link, then please send an e-mail to Don Harwell and myself.
Don Harwell - [email protected]
Merl Whitebook [email protected]
Pictures and answer to the election questionnaire can be found prior to voting, by clicking on the candidates name. Vote Smart.
Thank you for taking the time to vote for members of our Board of Directors.
Merl Whitebook
KCBS Nominating chairperson.

bbqbull 01-02-2010 05:06 PM

Thank you Merl, I recieved my email ballet and password.
Being a member in good standing ive cast my votes.
I hope things go smooth in this election, let the members speakr their hearts!
Good luck to all the candidates.

monty3777 01-02-2010 06:17 PM

I didn't get my email. Because I frequent the boards I knew how to resolve the issue. However, for those who don't I wonder how many will be overlooked.

Merl 01-02-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty3777 (Post 1132505)
I didn't get my email. Because I frequent the boards I knew how to resolve the issue. However, for those who don't I wonder how many will be overlooked.

There good news for those who you fear will be overlooked.
They have two more chances to know how to vote;
1 Articles have been in the bullsheet.
2. Articles have been on the web site.

Best yet is that election last two weeks and not a single day.
If a member does not read the bullsheet, go to the web site or visit forums, they perhaps, but not necessarily care enough to exercise their right to vote. I think that most, especially those who took time to write to candidates, read election questionnaire and be "smart voters" will have the opportunity to vote.

Last year we correct every issue we were advised about with in a 24 hrs. period. Even if we used snail mail we have a number of pieces of mail returned, because we are not advised of new address.

The Board each year for the past three years has considered those who could slip though and not be notified to vote. The board in working with electronic voting found that we exceed best practices in the industry.
But I could be wrong. Had emergency surgery yesterday and it could just be the drugs.
Merl

monty3777 01-02-2010 07:34 PM

I hope everything went well with your surgery!

Merl 01-03-2010 10:05 AM

I forgot to mention, if you did not recieve your e-mail from elections online, before you email Don and I, for you to check your spam folder and blocked mail folder.
Filters will often pick this type of mail as spam.

Merl

Monty, thank you for asking. I feel much better now.

HoDeDo 01-03-2010 01:12 PM

my two votes are cast! cant wait to hear the results.

Smoke'n Ice 01-03-2010 04:11 PM

Mack & Sharon, Smoke'n Ice have voted. Good luck to all the canidates.

Trainwreck 01-03-2010 09:39 PM

Did not receive my info. Email sent.

Merl 01-03-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trainwreck (Post 1133735)
Did not receive my info. Email sent.

You have mail.
Merl

Trainwreck 01-04-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 1133777)
You have mail.
Merl

Merl, Thanks for handling this for me. Vote is going out shortly.