The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BBQ @ the Beach State Championship - Raystown, PA Sept. 17-19th" (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76515)

Hershey BBQ Guy 02-03-2010 07:00 AM

Raystown Lake Comp...

This will be a great setting for your first event. Let me know if MABA can assist in any way.

Do you have your KCBS Reps yet?

Sal and I both sit on the Keystone Classic planning committee and as we go into our third year may be able to offer some tips to ensure a great event.

I have marked my calendar and will bring my judges apron with me! :icon_cool

Smokin Turkey 02-03-2010 07:04 AM

PM sent.

Still working diligently on the whole thing. State reps are working with us to get this sanctioned!

Smokin Turkey 02-09-2010 08:22 AM

GREAT NEWS! Rangers have finally approved us for the event and our KCBS packet has been submitted with no problems anticipated. I'm told our website will be up in days and as soon as we get the KCBS approval, our vending and competitor apps will be available to download!

We are currently making sure the grounds are going to be kept safe and secure from prying eyes as we prepare. Today, I have just ordered and should be arriving soon the second layer of 20" thick white camo on the entire event location. It is a strict government secret about what we are doing here with this BBQ event so we can't have any BBQ spy satellites lurking!:rolleyes:

ClayHill 02-09-2010 03:04 PM

well you can keep that second layer of white camo, 20 inches at a time is getting ridiculous

Burk504 02-13-2010 08:57 AM

I am psyched for this event....keep the updates coming.

Mike - CSBBBQ 02-14-2010 09:01 AM

Looks like a great place. Another new contest within an easy drive. Have to see if we can attend :-D

DCFIREMANN 02-14-2010 01:57 PM

It is a beautiful area. We are going to try to make this trip!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Smokin Turkey 02-22-2010 10:02 AM

Just keeping this up on the radar, things are still moving along. Our website and applications are soon to be released!

As soon as they come online, I will make the announcement!

:icon_cool

Smokin Turkey 03-05-2010 01:36 PM

Newest update : KCBS confirms they meet next wednesday and we should have our answer Thursday!

We are still working on all other parts of the organization and our next meeting is next week!

Smokin Turkey 03-15-2010 09:35 PM

Just found out we got our sanctioning! KCBS has approved us and our web builder is at a training until Friday so next week looks to be the soonest to get the website and applications finished and loaded.

Anyone who would be interested in teaching a BBQ related class for beginners, please let me know. I would like to have at least 4 of these and I have interest from one team already.

I am working on this as I get time this week but I am recovering from an extreme ear infection and head cold. Here is what I got last week...

Our gray water dump area is at the opposite end of the comp area. The power is being inspected and it looks like it is more than ample for everyone's needs! (which means no noisy generators!

We also want everyone to know, we want you guys to come and bring your families! We are putting a bunch of kids events together and entertainment as well as other fun things for everyone. We want you guys to be able to enjoy yourself and relax (except for those last few hours).

Thanks for everyone's patience! You'll all be happy to know we have a brand new restroom facility directly next to "BBQ Town" the comp area!

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/p...0305001232.jpg

The Giggler 04-27-2010 10:52 AM

Hi Brian,

Just wanted to let you know that we had to make a choice if we were going to cook New Holland or BBQ @ The Beach in Raystown. We passed on New Holland, and will be in your field this year. Very much looking forward to it!

Smokin Turkey 04-27-2010 05:02 PM

That is great news! Ed Stoddard at the visitors center should be posting our apps very soon. Our drafts are ready to load on the site as far as I know. I'll call ed tonight to make sure. I'm excited! Did I mention I'm making a mini reverse flow for the gc?

Smokin Turkey 04-28-2010 08:04 PM

APP'S ARE READY!

Competitor apps are ready to be downloaded and mailed in!
We finally have our contest page working, and will be adding more info later.

http://raystown.org/barbeque

We are having a sanctioned KCBS event, we are looking for people who would be interested in giving a 30-45 min BBQ related class (im thinking anything from how to build a UDS to recipe how-to's) If you have a rub, tee shirts or whatever, feel free to sell them also. We will also be hosting a non-sanctioned grilling event for everyone (competitors and the public!)

The non-sanctioned grilling comp will be open garnish, open to any type of grill, and open to anyone who wants to participate! The events will be -
  • Hamburger
  • Pizza
  • Chef’s Choice
We are trying to get at least the hamburger supplied (1lb per team) but that will be announced later. Our judges will be local celebrities and major sponsors.

We are continuing to work on getting a proclamation signed so I will continue to update as we get word.

I am providing all the trophies and the GC is going to win a fully functional mini reverse flow specially designed for this competition! (and you better friggin' use it and not just set it on the mantle!!) lol.

Hurry and get your app's in as we are having 20 teams and making a definite cut off of 30. (we have approval for 30 teams max from the rangers for the first year)

I am continuing to work to get ice donated, we will have ample power, water, and we have a gray water dumping station on one side of "BBQ Town"

I'm looking forward to this BIG TIME!! I'm also working on making a special trophy for best decorated site so start stocking up now! (it's gotta be BBQ or team schwag related!)

ClayHill 04-28-2010 09:48 PM

$300.......yikes

Smokin Turkey 04-28-2010 09:58 PM

it includes the KCBS and the grilling event with possibly hamburger included. like i posted earlier, we are trying to get ice sponsored.