The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Holy Pork! Pig Shots on the Egg (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124220)

stubshaft 01-15-2012 11:09 PM

Great looking Pork Shots.

Sly-one 01-15-2012 11:40 PM

I think I remember somewhere in the foggy recesses of my mind that a person had posted something similar to these, and called them "heart attacks". I've been wanting to try them ever since, and since seeing these that you made. I know I gotta try them soon!

big brother smoke 01-15-2012 11:45 PM

This might go into the smoke tomorrow. I got kielbasa, bacon rub/sugar covered. I just need to get the cream cheese:-D

Oldyote 01-15-2012 11:53 PM

Holy mother of goodness batman. Last year for fishing opener I made the boys a bacon explosion. This year I was thinking moinks but now that I see these I think I have a new plan.

Thanks for sharing.

nucornhusker 01-16-2012 12:33 AM

I WILL be trying this! Thanks for the idea. :becky:

pwa 01-16-2012 01:00 AM

Looks great going to have to give that a try!!

pwa

Sammy_Shuford 01-16-2012 02:18 AM

On my to do list!

Phubar 01-16-2012 03:38 AM

I'll take a couple of shots.....just replace the cheese with rum for me please!:becky:

Black Dog BBQ 01-16-2012 06:42 AM

Really great idea. Adding the pepper is a must for me, but I bet they taste amazing without. OH Yes!

Wampus 01-16-2012 07:39 AM

Eeeeewwww.....those look really gross!:crazy:





JK.....BRILLIANT! Thanks for posting this!:thumb:

Ron_L 01-16-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71-South (Post 1916045)
I'd love to take credit, but as mentioned, I stole, er... borrowed the idea. :icon_blush:

"Plagiarize! Let no one else's work evade your eyes!" :becky:

10 Brethren points if you know the source of that quote (no Google or other search sites).

Jaskew82 01-16-2012 07:54 AM

This is pure genius! For my taste buds, I would swap remove the cream cheese and fill it with a diced fresh jalapeno and chedder blend. Or keep the cream cheese and put nothing else with it.

I love this idea!

smokeyw 01-16-2012 08:30 AM

I like it!! These will be on my Superbowl menu :thumb:

71-South 01-16-2012 09:11 AM

Thank goodness for plagiarism. 95% of my BBQ skills are ripped off from the Brethren. The other 5% is eating, and I've had 43 years of experience doing that.

Hunterman95 01-16-2012 09:59 PM

I tried these tonight (told you I would!). I just sprinkled the brown sugar, thinking they would be too sweet. Now I'm thinking a little more sugar would not have been bad. Jalapeno would have been good as well. I did sprinkle them with Butt Rub.
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t...NDQ2LmpwZw.jpg
They were really good. Thanks 71-South!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.