Made a wood contact today

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
pics added to identify wood from new contact

Called a local tree removal/trimming company. Ask if they had any wood. Was told they contract with a mulch company. I told her that I was looking for some fruit or nut tree wood for cooking, and she put me on hold. Back on the line to tell me to stop by and check out their wood pile, and ask for Rick in the shop. He told me pick out what I want, except for the "owner's" pile. He pointed me to some pecan, and possible oak. I was pressed on time, so threw a few logs in the truck. Now I need to positivly identify the wood. They had some pecan tree bases about 3-4 feet across, 2 feet tall. Would make some impressive chunks/splits. Maybe chainsaw itno wedges like slicing a pie. They split or chunk with a power saw. I'd say a couple hundred pounds each. (2-3 of them).

So the moral is, make sure you tell them it's for cooking. You might get a different answer. I'll take the shop/office some Q next week, and keep checking back.

Ty

Last edited:
The local tree service just sold me 1/2 cord, with an extra stack of straight hickory for $70 delivered and stacked. With all the storms lately they have more wood than they know what to do with. If you live in the Atlanta area, PM me and I'll give you the number.

here's some pics. Help me make possitive identifications. There's a quater in each pic for size ref. The leaf in #4 pic is off of the largest log that has a small stem on it.

Attachments

• wood 010.JPG
    wood 010.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 95
  • wood 009.JPG
    wood 009.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 94
  • wood 011.JPG
    wood 011.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 93
  • wood 008.jpg
    wood 008.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 92
Hard to tell from the pictures, but my first thought was a swamp oak. But looking at the leaf makes me thing that it could be some sort of holly. Sorry for my last post, as Mr. Jim Beam was checking the posts last night:twisted: . It looks as if I completely missed the purpose of the post:oops: . Will try to do better.

Back