Grillin Fools Backyard BBQ

jmill88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone going to be at the Backyard BBQ Bash in St. Charles, MO on October 15th? I was thinking of doing this(my first competition), but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this last year. Thanks

Anyone going to be at the Backyard BBQ Bash in St. Charles, MO on October 15th? I was thinking of doing this(my first competition), but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this last year. Thanks

I'm going to go, looks like a good event to take my 5yr old son, the small pit, have a good time and give away some food to the public if I have leftovers.

Just wanted to let you guys know that they will only have 1 round of judging this year. Last year they did two and it was difficult to time all of the turn ins.

I did the Bash last year, but not this year....bummer, the event is a lot closer to where I live this year. It was my first backyard contest and I did ok; 3rd in ribs, 3rd in pork steaks. It got me hooked to do more, I did 3 contests this year with excellent results.

We didn't have 2 turn-ins last year, only 1. I guess Scott made more changes because this year was suppose to be 2 rounds. However, there is a lot more to do at the St. Charles venue, it should be a good time.

Good luck to you. I may be stopping by to check it out.

Back