Rate the box. :)

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Picture is a little off, but finish on these were like glass. The pieces down the center were the sides cut from the bone on 3 oversized thighs and fanned down the center. Parsley bed was even, typical putting green with minimal showing.

Please score... thanks..

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 384
From the photo the back right and front right thigh look scorched. For me the color isn't appetizing. From the picture I have to go 7.

From the photo the back right and front right thigh look scorched. For me the color isn't appetizing. From the picture I have to go 7.
Good lord man, that's one of the best looking chicken boxes I have ever seen. I would love to see what you think is a 9 because I just tried to reach through the screen and snatch one up. It's BBQ, and it looks BBQ'd and yumdiddlyscrumptious

ELEVEN! Oh wait y'all only go to 9 so a TEN! Definitely a beatiful box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off-hand, quick glance-9

I assume that there are 6 of the cut pieces and not 5, it sort of looks like 5, which would be bad. I could drop to eight if the color is a little less even than it appears in the image.

Off-hand, quick glance-9

I assume that there are 6 of the cut pieces and not 5, it sort of looks like 5, which would be bad. I could drop to eight if the color is a little less even than it appears in the image.
there are 6. Look close at top.. thats 2 pieces.

"Perfection is its own form of marking" Popdaddy, 1978.

Looks Great to me.
Not gonna judge the Grand PooBah.

Im a member too! :yo:

Trying to gauge if I'm nuts or the judges were drunk. Honest opinions are helpful to everyone. :thumb:

soooooo.. pick a number... 1-9. 8) any number... eenie meeny mine mo....

Im a member too! :yo:

Trying to gauge if I'm nuts or the judges were drunk. Honest opinions are helpful to everyone. :thumb:

that case I have never been to a judging of any kind of food competition, so I am totally unqualified to even take a guess. But I will say I can't see anything wrong with them at all.
They look real Damn Tasty to me.

I give it a 9 as well. I am having a hard time with pieces down the middle. Just not use to seeing that and seems out of place to me. Want a shine on that chicken. Great job.

LOTS of meat. Hardly any parsley. :wink: Beautiful color and symmetry.

My guess is that it wasn't 43rd because of appearance. If I showed you a pic of my pork box (if I had one) you'd think 22 was a screw job also. I don't think teams win or lose because of appearance scores. However, taste/tenderness anomalies always concern me. Our first place brisket got a 5 in taste from one judge (no comment card and obviously tossed out). Nice job on your 5th place Pork call.

Back