Salt and Pepper Only

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've got an entire cabinet full of rub, but feeling in a Relaxed Mood today....(Started vacation this am...yeah baby!)

I've que'd Tri Tip rubbed with just Salt and Pepper...awesome.

Never smoked brisket with just a Salt and Pepper rub...anyone done this?

Salt pepper and garlic. I like to keep it simple, but garlic is like bacon to me. You can put it on anything and make it better without taking anything away from what it is.

That's how my family likes it the best, just salt and pepper.

Salt & pepper is the Bread and Butter for BBQ... It's just plain good!

Cheers

i was raised on it. my wife told me the other day she loves all the fancy rub and all, but she wants something in the near future with salt and pepper. sometimes its good to get back to the basics

Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I like it because it doesn't mask any of the true flavor of the meat itself.

S&P for nostalgia reasons here as well. Sometimes is just feels good to get back to basics. Cheers, and Happy Smokin'!!!

With beef, no real need for more than S&P IMO. Other stuff can be nice, but not at all necessary.

I weigh the salt (kosher) and pepper for 50/50 ratio, if not its to salty to my liking. The dirty Dalmatian is great with salt free Mrs dash lemon pepper man it just can't beat.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

s&p is about all i use for everything. garlic powder as i see fit. thats about it. i don't know why but i'm never happy with much of anything else. then i use sauce on the side depending on how i feel at the moment. most of the sauces i buy get dated out.

Back