don't want to wait

socalwelder

Reaction score
I'm building my first smoker but i don't want to wait to start smoking.
I was at lowes and i saw a master built smoker (30" Electric Smokehouse model 20070106) And i was wondering if anyone has had one of these or has used one, because i wanted to know if they were any good? Thank you
brethren for your time.

This isn't a direct answer to your question but what cooker or grill do you have now? Why I ask is that there may be better options out there for you to get to smoking like a Weber Kettle.

Having just completed my UDS, I gotta tell you I too was in your shoes once. Once you get the smoker done, you'll be very proud of your accomplishment. The waiting is the hardest part! I'd hold off on the store bought one you are looking at. Most of the Lowe's stuff is very cheaply made...IMHO

I have a Masterbuilt. Bought it when we lived in a condo and could not have an open flame on the balcony, it works good I have made some mods, basically the same ones Masterbuilt have made to it. I added a vent, which they did and I also added a smoke pistol for more smoke, without the vent it would not generate enough smoke for my taste. I use it every once in awhile, it works as advertised, you can load it up, really doesn't do a bad job at all.

sams sells the bigger masterbuilt for 299.
the new unit has some nice features, glass in door (not sure how well that would work)
built in probe for cooking,etc
I have an older unit and it is great for overnight cooks=sleeping.
I add a briquette to the wood pan along with a few pellets and chips and get good smoke rings and flavor.
I have not used it since I've gotten the egg.
jon

Just go ahead and build a UDS and you'll be smoking in no time:wink:

Back