**Charcos Coconut Shell Briquettes Test Cook #2- Backwoods Gater**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Submitted for your approval: This is the second cook using a mere 10 lbs. of Charcos Coconut Shell Briquettes. The first test cook can be seen in this thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153187&highlight=Charcos+Coconut+Shell+Briquettes

So I started out with 6 lbs of Charcos stacked neatly end to end in the charcoal tray of the BWS Gater, it covered a little over half the tray, and fired it off in the left rear corner and BBQ Guru powered it through the cook at 250* with a dry waterpan foiled over.

IMG_6027-1.jpg

IMG_6032-1.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

Added some Cherry chunks

IMG_6033-1.jpg

Superior Farms Beef back ribs and Prairie Fresh Spares trimmed to St. Louis cuts.
IMG_6023.jpg

IMG_6036.jpg

** For eatin' -not competin'!!*

Beef Ribs top rack done in 2.5 hours
IMG_6038-1.jpg

St. Louis Spares and rib tips on 2nd rack done in 3.5 hours no foil.
IMG_6039-1.jpg

Shut the BWS down and here is how the charcoal burn looks. These burn Flameless!

IMG_6047.jpg

Next day I sift the briqs and shovel the ashes and see how much Charcos was used in this controlled cook.

IMG_6065.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

Weighed the remainder of the usable Charcos and have 3 lbs. leftover.

IMG_6070.jpg

This is how much dust was left in the 10 lb. package of Charcos.

IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_5963.jpg

Two cooks starting with just 10 lbs. (half box) and there is still more cooking to be done! Stay tuned......

**Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Charcos, and I am not a Blogger that was given this product to review. I paid for it and the results posted are not scientific of professionally photographed.**

just sayin'!

Cool you're posting these reviews Swamp!:thumb:
Seems like those Charcos handle exact the same as the Ecobrasa.

Next time, I'll just dump them in the tray and not arrange them end to end.

The big test will be on a Drum Smoker cooking direct.

I've got a box and used 'em a couple times and was impressed with the results. I actually forgot I had 'em. I need to get those and the WGA out and channel my inner Phu. :thumb:

Back