The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Need ideas for a day of drinking and smoking some snacks (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147471)

Bob in St. Louis 11-08-2012 11:28 AM

Need ideas for a day of drinking and smoking some snacks

Ok. So here's the deal.
I've got a buddy coming over this weekend. I'm not doing a butt, I'm not doing a brisket, I'm not doing anything large. The idea is to have the smoker going all damn day and cook nothing but "snacks".
We're planning a day of performing nothing productive, drinking lots of cocktails, and "grazing" all day long.
The only smoked food he's had was the usual PP or brisket at local restaurants, so I want to show him how real men have fun. The guy will probably be here 10 hours or so, so there'll be plenty of time to sample the goodies throughout the day.

Of course there will be spiced cream cheese filled Jalapenos, those are nice. I'll probably do a fattie so he can experience the magic of those. Of course, very high on my list are the "pig shots" that have received so much exposure here recently.

What else should I do? What sounds good for this situation.

aawa 11-08-2012 11:39 AM

Moinks and smoked bratwurst/hotlinks come to mind. Also fatties

The_Kapn 11-08-2012 11:42 AM

One obvious one--MOINKS.

These are on my short list to do:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=123430

TIM

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ 11-08-2012 11:43 AM

ABT's. +1 on the moinks and fatty. also, chicken wings are pretty simple too.

thirtydaZe 11-08-2012 11:47 AM

regardless the situation, always a rack of ribs, they slice uyp nice, and everyone appreciates them.

4ever3 11-08-2012 11:54 AM

I haven't made these yet but they look killer!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=138964

Smoke & Beers 11-08-2012 12:28 PM

Find yourself some good boudin, smoke it, slice it, put on Ritz topped off with brown spicy mustard. Can't beat it.

Bob in St. Louis 11-08-2012 12:39 PM

Good ideas guy. Thanks!
I've seen some epic fattie threads with LOTS of great ideas and tons of pron.
However, I have yet to find an equivelant moink thread. Links please?

Allegry 11-08-2012 12:47 PM

Not really relevant, but I just noticed this in your sig:

"Meat eater. Woodworker. PS3 Gamer. Home Theater Guy. Beer Drinker."

I think we would get along well. Nailed every one of my hobbies right there, although I split gaming time between PS3 and PC.

Mdboatbum 11-08-2012 01:09 PM

I think between the ABTs, MOINKs, ribs, pig shots and fatties, you're going to be pretty well fed. I'll add just one more, Shrimp Diablo.
Take a u16 (Jumbo) shrimp and butterfly it. Into the cavity in the back, add a thin slice of jalapeno (or hotter pepper if you desire) and a THIN ribbon of seasoned cream cheese. Ziplock bag with just the tiniest bit of the corner cut off to be used as a piping bag works well here. Wrap it in bacon and smoke at a fairly high temp until the bacon's crispy. If your smoker is running at a lower temp, smoke for about an hour and then toss on a hot grill to sear the bacon. They're REALLY good.

JONESY 11-08-2012 01:10 PM

Definitely sausage of some sort
Wings
Smoke a small piece of salmon to mix with cream cheese for a dip
A slab of ribs is a great idea
ABT’s are great
Mini meatloaf’s
Moinks
Pork tenderloin kebobs, rubbed and served with different sauces
Bacon wrapped chicken breast

Plan wisely though, I try this every summer at the lake house with some buds, and you’ll be amazed how little food you actually eat once the drinks start flowing.

You need to finish strong at the end of the night though, I would recommend a pizza to help soak up some the booze. A homemade pizza would be awesome, but I’ve been known to throw a couple frozen pizzas on the smoker at the end of a good party. Trust me, after 10 hours of meat and drinking you’ll welcome a nice cheesy pie.

WineMaster 11-08-2012 01:27 PM

A 1/2 sheet bath of smoked sausages peppers onions soaked with a nice porter.

1Cavman 11-08-2012 01:46 PM

Armadillo Eggs and ABT's

Bludawg 11-08-2012 02:26 PM

If you provide enough liquid appetizers a bag of BBQ chips and a bottle of ranch dressing and a few mountain oysters is all you need:biggrin1: .

Bob in St. Louis 11-08-2012 03:01 PM

Oh yea....now we're talkin'!
Although, in one of those threads y'all linked to, I manage to run across the term "rectum rockets" in reference to the Armadillo eggs.
I'm sitting here at work giggling like a little school girl. ha ha ha ha

Great stuff fellas. Please keep 'em coming!

- Looks like the Armadillo eggs are a for sure. I'd not seen those yet.
- Love the bacon wrapped shrimp idea, that's a new one too.
- The pizza idea I love, but I'm afraid it'll be too filling and we'll not want to eat the rest of the food.

Allegry, you play BF3 on PS3?