MiM Box Question

GridironGriller

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So our team generally just competes in KCBS contests. This weekend however, we are competing in a rib cook-off at a local church. They do it every year as part of their Block Party...it's a big fund raiser for them.

Anyway, being in Memphis, they use all MiM certified judges. Most of has experience with MiM from being around other teams, but have never turned in a box for MiM before. No garnishments allowed.

Anyone here have any tips on turn in that would differ from KCBS or any pics of MiM turn-ins?

Thanks!

I have only seen one MIM ribs turn-in box in person, so take this for what it is worth. :oops:

Compared to KCBS and FBA....not even similar.
Lots and Lots and Lots of ribs jammed in there till the top would hardly close.
The cook kept moving a couple of ribs around, determined to get that last one in there. Inside of top lid covered with sauce. Finally got the lid closed with the little tabs straining to keep it shut.
Ribs were cooked way more than KCBS and FBA...cook said he would never turn in those ribs outside of MIM--basically fall off the bone or very close to it.
Lots of sauce and extremely sweet.

Oh--and this Dude knows what he is doing in MIM.
It is a different world. Not better or worse, just different.

Take all that as a limited observation and keep looking for answers.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

TIM

Thanks for the info. I had heard that about filling it up. They are more concerned with the looks of the ribs and not the look of the box from what I have gathered.

We have some sweeter ribs that we use for MiM type events...our KCBS ones are hotter.

This event doesn't bother with any of the on-site, which is nice. Just the ribs...prelims and finals. We made finals last year so we'd like to repeat this year!

Back