certified kitchen asap

big range bbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We had a kitchen but the place is going out of business, have called everywhere we can think of and nothing. Canyon lake/ lake elsinore area

I am sure you tried all the lodges
Do you work in Riverside County mostly?

Yeah I have tried VFW's, Elks, and some Restaurants. I work in Anaheim and live in canyon lake, So anywhere from Temecula to Anaheim is fine for now. Or if there is a way to do the Farmers Market with out using a certified kitchen. The person who is running the market is very nonchalant about everything and says don't worry it, but I don't want to go through all the work and then get shut down.

We have been working our way down the list about 35+ and still nothing lol. Didn't think this would be the hard part.

Hd

I don't know the answer but what or how does the HD shut you down? Do they carry a gun? They show up and say shut-er down! Then you leave. How can they enforce what they say I guess is my question.

I don't know the answer but what or how does the HD shut you down? Do they carry a gun? They show up and say shut-er down! Then you leave. How can they enforce what they say I guess is my question.

In CA, no food can be prepared for sale in a private home. A lot of hoops to jump thru out here, but non-compliance can affect everything from your business license to future health permits. Very complicated here, and not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of folks that play fast and loose too, but some of us have too much invested - Like our reputations...

In CA, no food can be prepared for sale in a private home. A lot of hoops to jump thru out here, but non-compliance can affect everything from your business license to future health permits. Very complicated here, and not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of folks that play fast and loose too, but some of us have too much invested - Like our reputations...

Yea just finding out how hard it is.

Hey try fire stations they have comercial kitichen , in exchange for meat and knowlege

Try local rec centers. Most citys have rec centers or facilities that have commercial kitchens you can rent. Call your city hall.

Firestations wont work because they are considered places of residence.

Thanks for all the help, after all the calls 75+ we went to a farmers market to to do some looking around and found a guy that owns a deli that is going to let us rent his kitchen. Not sure how it works in other parts of the U.S but here in California you ask the HD a question and you will get 10 different answers. Then a supervisor that yells out "hey who is in charge of farmers markets, oh they are not here right now" then hangs up on you. Or you get "we are working on getting a booklet but we don't have it right now". Called 6 different HD to see if there was a size regulation on sinks took 3 days and it came down to "has to be large enough to wash your largest utincile".
I have applied for a job with them, cant wait to sit on my a$$ and get paid nice coin for doing nothing.

Sorry had to vent to someone

California is disgusting. They don't encourage small business they just regulate it. It's detrimental and and discouraging to contemplate your business dream here. That's why we all move somewhere else. Including me some day sooner than later.

Back