The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Underground Pig (picture heavy) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73481)

Papa Payne 12-01-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jestridge (Post 1099458)
I love your post. First time I ever seen using blow torch for burning hair we always scald and scrape I bet it sure smell bad.

That was my first thought too when I saw that picture. The only method I've seen is build a fire under a large tub and scald, then scrape the hog...

The blow torch method seems it would be much simpler if you can stand the smell.

Captain Dave 12-01-2009 05:08 AM

Looks mighty tasty cowgirl. Wish I was on your guest list. You ARE a goddess. Dont let nolesfan get to you, he obviously doesn't understand immortality.

jacob 12-01-2009 05:26 AM

Jeanie I have read this entire thread start to now. Your cooking skills have always amazed me. And now along with a kind and caring personality too, you amaze me even more.:!::!::!::!::!::!:

Thank you so much for being a true part of the Brethren and sharing your cooks and time with us all.:cool:

P>S I would very much like that Shrimp recipe also.:!::wink::!::!:

Rick's Tropical Delight 12-01-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 1099524)
Thank you for the kind comments friends. :cool:
If I owe an apology to anyone, it would be to all of you for not biting my tongue. I know better. :icon_shy Please excuse my thoughtlessness.

you handled it just fine. i imagined you going out and splitting logs or throwing hatchets or something after you read that guys comments.

aquablue22 12-01-2009 06:13 AM

Jeanie that looks fantastic as always! You always have the most entertaining and informative posts, and yes you can do it all and owe NO ONE an apology for doing it. You keep it up:) Thanks!!!

LouCfur 12-01-2009 06:41 AM

I just got caught up on this thread and as always Jeanie your talents are just plain jaw dropping. Your pics and discribtion of how to do a pig underground clear up most of the questions I've always had about trying it but is still takes experience and confidence to pull it off and that is what I admire about you.

"The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves. "

You da best girlfriend!

big brother smoke 12-01-2009 07:42 AM

Damn, you are Simply Marvelous!:cool:

Don't be sexist man, it ain't cool!:mad:

HurtVaHokie 12-01-2009 07:47 AM

That looks like a lot of work, but it lools good!

Big George's BBQ 12-01-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 1099080)
[/B]

Let me get this straight.... You call me a liar and then ask for peace?

You need to get out into the world more.. there are a whole lot of women just like me that farm, raise animals and cook. It's not hard to do.

Again, please avoid my posts.

WTG Cowgirl you are one awesome lady. I for one would love to have the BBQ Talents that I have seen with your Pics. That pig looks incredible. Love the way you cooked it. looks like it would be fun to try. Always look forward to your posts

BlkJeep 12-01-2009 08:10 AM

Cowgirl.... So so cool that you take the time to photo and post your cooks. I've learned alot from you already. whenever i need to cook something with WOW factor i always refer to your blog. Thanks again. BTW great looking pig and sides.

Stoke&Smoke 12-01-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 1099278)
OK... That pig looks great! My sister and BIL own an excavating company. I'm going to see if I can borrow a backhoe! :-D :-D :-D

Just be sure to call JULIE first Ron, or we'll have a whole new thread!:twisted:

nolesfan954 12-01-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big brother smoke (Post 1099675)
Damn, you are Simply Marvelous!:cool:

Don't be sexist man, it ain't cool!:mad:

I certainly stepped into it with both feet. My apologies to Cowgirl and all the Bretheren.
I understand the depth of feeling I stirred up, but I never, EVER, made any remark about women being unable to accomplish anything they set thier minds to, nor did my post imply such.
I'll keep my thoughts to myself.
Thanks for the opportunity to learn so much.

Markbb 12-01-2009 08:43 AM

WOW where the heck have I been Great Job as usual Cowgirl.....

Hell Fire Grill 12-01-2009 08:53 AM

Oh Helllll YA

Ross in Ventura 12-01-2009 09:06 AM

That was a beautiful tutorial of cooking a pig in the ground Jeanie, your skill and knowledge of cooking inside the kitchen or in the smoke house, a UDS, fire ring, hole in the ground are outstanding. You have a wonderful gift of sharing and have the advantage of being a excellent photographer. Unfortunately there is negativity on our path of life, I applaud the way you handled it. The food looked wonderful

Ross