Unusual gig pricing question

theflints01

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got a gig coming up that's a little different than what I'm used to. It's an overnight deal: Dinner Friday (pulled pork sandwiches+2 sides), breakfast (bacon/reds/onions/peppers sautee topped with fried eggs), lunch (box lunch) and dinner (ribs&chicken+2 sides) on Saturday. I'm serving 70 men (NO kids or women) that are for the most part gluttons. The party is in the woods, 2 hours from home with no amenities other than a covered shelter and a gravel parking lot. I'm going to do the gig, just wanted some input for how some of you would price it.

Figure out what your costs are for food and supplies. Factor in difficulty. I assume you are not sleeping out there with them. If you are, then I suggest you need to figure in cold storage costs, transit costs, everything. Then I would probably go 3x total cost.

It won't be cheap, it shouldn't be cheap.

Yes, I'm spending the night. I have a camper and a 4wd truck that I'll haul the pit with. One of the nice things about catering in the mountains in November here is that we put the food in coolers to keep it from freezing, so the budget for ice is pretty low.

Seems like a pretty straight forward gig. I'g go cost x 3 plus mileage depending how how you will be paying any help that you bring with you maybe x 4 to cover labor. If you are paying an assistant that is 30 plus hours potentially.

Back