Before/After...marathon BGE cook

Hoss

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
10 pounds of Ozark Oak lump,a couple of Pecan chunks and Apple chunks distributed throughout.

100_4254.jpg

Yep a 12 pound brisket and 4 butts do make a mess.

100_4281.jpg

100_4280.jpg

What was left after I shut down the BGE to cool 28 hours after I lit it.It was still mantaining 275 dome temp when I shut it down.

100_4279.jpg

Nice looking pron. :hungry: Uh, wait, ... do you have any "during" shots.

Yes they are posted under the thread titles" Fill'er up" and "26 hours later". :wink:

Looks great. What king of bricks are those inside and what are they used for?

On long cooks, does anyone ever open their Egg, remove the food and add more fuel? Or does it last long enough if you use enough to start with?

Looks great. What king of bricks are those inside and what are they used for?

On long cooks, does anyone ever open their Egg, remove the food and add more fuel? Or does it last long enough if you use enough to start with?

Those are firebricks.I use them as spacers between grill racks when cooking on multiple levels.

If you FILL the Egg up to begin with it will cook a long,long time.You can EASILY go 24 plus hours on a lo n slo.If you are grilling pizzas at nuclear temps it will use much more fuel but should still burn long enough to cook several pizzas on one full load of lump.

10 pounds of Ozark Oak lump,a couple of Pecan chunks and Apple chunks distributed throughout.

Yep a 12 pound brisket and 4 butts do make a mess.

100_4280.jpg

What was left after I shut down the BGE to cool 28 hours after I lit it.It was still mantaining 275 dome temp when I shut it down.

Is that a Pizza Stone? I wrap my Plate Setter in foil to cut down on the cleanup. :wink:

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1714553 said:
Is that a Pizza Stone? I wrap my Plate Setter in foil to cut down on the cleanup. :wink:

It is a pizza stone.Thanks for the tip.

Back