The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Humphrey's Battle Box question (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175574)

scm1226 11-18-2013 08:49 PM

Humphrey's Battle Box question

Ok owners going to be calling Kevin (smokin it) in the next few days to order. I need to know what options should I get. i know they come with so many. Kevin is going to be great but I just want to hear from as many people as possible.
Any problems with yours? What would you do different? I am excited but want to make sure I do it right the first time.

IamMadMan 11-18-2013 08:53 PM

As far as options, the Guru would be my first.

Other than that choose what would work best for your needs. I have the Down east Beast, the taller version of the Battle Box. I Love cooking on it as much as I did the day it arrived. A great piece of equipment.

You'll love the new cooker.

ajstrider 11-19-2013 09:03 AM

I believe I would pay extra for the slide out pan if I was to get one. I would also think about if you want wheels or some kind of stand for it, cabinets sit too low to the ground for me.

vadermanion 11-19-2013 09:40 AM

I have the slide out water pan and the casters on mine. I also went with the Guru. I like being able to roll it under cover when I'm not using it so it's not outside all the time plus it does lift it up.

K-Train 11-19-2013 10:51 AM

I have the drop in, allows for more rack placements. I have no regrets not having the slide out. Easy to fill, easy to clean. I think I'd order the stainless racks, and still might.

Untraceable 11-19-2013 11:13 AM

Stainless racks would be cool. Not that my regular racks show any sign of rusting but Id feel better leaving the racks out of the cooker until specifically needed and not worry about returning to rusted racks.

scm1226 11-19-2013 11:59 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the feedback. I will let you know when I order it!!

Ackman 11-19-2013 12:31 PM

Well I am guessing that mine should be done any day now. I went with the slide out water pan, stainless steel racks, the casters and the Guru adaptor--have a spare guru

scm1226 11-22-2013 07:45 AM

Well I ordered my battle box. Should have done this a few months ago, because when I get it delivered it will probably be 25 degrees outside. I will post picks and everything once I get it going!!

ajstrider 11-22-2013 08:42 AM

Sweet!!!

Untraceable 11-22-2013 09:39 AM

BBQ tastes and smells so much better when its below freezing and your insulated cooker doesnt care. Eventually the neighbors get very jealous