The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Wings (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116783)

Big Bears BBQ 09-29-2011 02:48 PM

I'll be send you a check out in the morning for 2 bags, thanks alot.

Dave

deguerre 09-29-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groundhog66 (Post 1802818)
Texan's are highly overrated :heh:

Now now, be NICE to the Brisket State.:becky:

PatioDaddio 09-29-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmike (Post 1801143)
Hey John, I'm sure I speak for just about everyone else, I'm dying to see/read about your Homeade Habanero and Bacon Sausage!!!

Come on, Brother! Let's see it! :becky: :thumb:

I shot it last night, and I will write it up and post it tonight. I was very happy
with the results. It's a spicy and garlic-y kielbasa that I hot smoked over
cherry.

John

PatioDaddio 09-29-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmike (Post 1801174)
Oh, Snap! That sounds awesome!

Some other off-the-wall ideas...

French Fries
Onion Rings
Corn on the cob
Potato chips
Scrambled eggs
Biscuits & Gravy
etc, etc, etc...

Bacon Death Candy! :becky:

John

P.S. Oh, and Deadly Smoked Almonds

BBQ Bandit 09-29-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatioDaddio (Post 1802971)
Bacon Death Candy! :becky:

John

P.S. Oh, and Deadly Smoked Almonds

Shades of the peanut mod?

morgaj1 09-29-2011 07:33 PM

If this is so wildly popular, why aren't you adding it to the site permanently?

smokeyokie 09-29-2011 07:33 PM

hey kcmike,
thanks for the super fast delivery of the "death dust" !!! I am gonna do some riblets and chicken drumettes rubbed with it Saturday... I will post Pron and let you know how they turn out... Really excited about the rub!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that weird????? Oh well WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I love to cook!!!!!!!!!!:whoo:

morgaj1 09-29-2011 08:35 PM

Chuckie Advice

Wrong post

PatioDaddio 09-30-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatioDaddio (Post 1802967)
I shot it last night, and I will write it up and post it tonight. I was very happy
with the results. It's a spicy and garlic-y kielbasa that I hot smoked over
cherry.

John

FYI - The recipe is up here, but it's not on the blog yet.

John

kcmike 09-30-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgaj1 (Post 1803094)
If this is so wildly popular, why aren't you adding it to the site permanently?

Pure high-grade habanero powder like we're using is a bitch to work with...

However, I had no idea about that prior to using it, as I've never used it before. Regardless, I never intended to make this Habanero rub a part of our standard production lineup. Basically, I started this little side project to make something different as a special value add for our customers. Much like many of the craft brewers do when they offer seasonal or special small batch runs of interesting beers.

We'll likely release this rub again annually or semi-annually going forward, always in small, finite batches. :thumb:

LocoStrange 09-30-2011 03:50 AM

Just got my confirmation that my 3 bags are coming. 2 for me, and 1 for my brother. I am sure he cant wait to use it with his WSM

morgaj1 09-30-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmike (Post 1803265)
Pure high-grade habanero powder like we're using is a bitch to work with...

However, I had no idea about that prior to using it, as I've never used it before. Regardless, I never intended to make this Habanero rub a part of our standard production lineup. Basically, I started this little side project to make something different as a special value add for our customers. Much like many of the craft brewers do when they offer seasonal or special small batch runs of interesting beers.

We'll likely release this rub again annually or semi-annually going forward, always in small, finite batches. :thumb:

Gotcha. I got mine yesterday. I think you hit a homerun with this one. It has a very complex flavor profile without being overly hot. Good job!!!

deguerre 10-01-2011 11:23 AM

We got wings in the EVOO/Habenero Death Dust right now!:becky:
It's amazing how pronounced the smell of the celery comes through right when you open the pouch. I love celery as an herb and use it in my cole slaw. I'm going to make some but now, instead of using the sriracha for the heat, I think I'll add some of this rub to the mix.:idea:

kcmike 10-01-2011 11:41 AM

Made the official release on the website this morning!

Razoruk 10-01-2011 01:04 PM

I just ordered 3 from the website. I joined a little too late for the pre-order, but am looking forward tovdoing some wings for our halloween party