Costco Brisket Flats

twisterbret

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This could be old news. I was at Costco yesterday and all of the flats, the fat caps were trimmed clean. Sometimes I can find one with some fat on it.
I asked and they mentioned they had whole briskets in the back. I was waiting to see a packer but what I got was a cryo of the flat before they destroyed it with the saws. I asked if they carried them all the time. Yep ...just ask. Looking forward to cooking this one up.

632503964_uFVti-XL.jpg
632504246_degSC-XL.jpg
632504115_HLzPM-XL.jpg

Yeah, they will sell you the cryovac'd untrimmed flat if you ask. They pretty much never have full packers though, unless they get them by mistake.

Yup...we use them all the time...pretty good stuff! :p

can't wait to see the pron! Cahusky, that's mean...telling us you get it for $1.89 - last one I bought was over $4. Thanks, now my day is ruined... :)

can't wait to see the pron! Cahusky, that's mean...telling us you get it for $1.89 - last one I bought was over $4. Thanks, now my day is ruined... :)

The one I bought before that was $4.29 per pound at Safeway. I was so impressed with todays purchase that I just had to brag!

The one I bought before that was $4.29 per pound at Safeway. I was so impressed with todays purchase that I just had to brag!

No worries - I'm just yankin' your chain. I'd be bragging, too, at that price :-D

I went into our Costco here and talked with the meat dept. manager about an upcoming cook I'm going to do and he quoted me case price of $2.89 a lb. Normally 10-12 briskets per case he said.

Okie so I cooked up the Brisket Flat (untrimmed). I wrapped at 165 and when I tested it again at 195 I noticed the juice had made it to the second layer of foil. So I took it at placed it in a foil pan and filled it with juice and covered it in the cooler for 4 hours. I also made Trash bag potatos that someone shared out this week. Thanks they were amazing!!

Pron

634884040_Kocrz-XL.jpg
634884496_VDVzw-XL.jpg
634886089_ALE93-XL.jpg

This was the best brisket I ever made. (Only made 4) LOL

Very good looking food there, yeah, after last weeks Trashbag potatoes, I went out and got a new basket with removable handles.

Im not a costco guy but at sams I just got a case of brisket (84 lbs) for $2.80 a LBS... sadly all of it but 3 briskets got sold at a catering job, gotta say though some of my best work... farking delicious... gotta love that stumps too. cooked 84lbs of brisket, still had a shelf left, and touched my smoker 2 times the entire cook

Food liiks great. On pics, just post link and then enter then post next pic. Stack them instead of side by side.

I have to order them at a rural meat market. $3.50 / lb. they are black Angus, so are under 10 lbs. packer, fat trimmed to 1/8 inch.
They have 3 fresh ones per week, they keep 1 frozen one stocked as well.

I tried my local grocery store, they had to look it up on the computer, said they could order me one. It might actually come in 2 days and would cost $5.00 / lb.

Back