The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Alcohol bans at contests (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141660)

Ford 08-16-2012 01:07 PM

Alcohol bans at contests

Will the reps now be instructed to enforce this when an alcohol ban is in place and disqualify teams who violate the rule? Will the teams be reported to the bod for disciplinary action? It's in place but not enforced at SAMs contests and others.

What's the bod's position on this?

tmcmaster 08-30-2012 01:51 PM

bump.

deepsouth 08-30-2012 02:05 PM

:popcorn:

timzcardz 08-30-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford (Post 2178250)
Will the reps now be instructed to enforce this when an alcohol ban is in place and disqualify teams who violate the rule? Will the teams be reported to the bod for disciplinary action? It's in place but not enforced at SAMs contests and others.

What's the bod's position on this?

At our Sam's Club Comp cooks' meeting we were explicitly warned that alcohol was prohibited and that it would be an issue if it was seen . . . and then immediatley told by the same person that we would "find red solo cups in our cooks packet [wink, wink] . . . and I'm suuuure that you know what to do with them. [wink,wink again]"

How could the BOD with any conscience (I'll give them benefit of the doubt) do something when their on-site representatives are giving guidance like that, and Sam's Club is providing the red solo cups?

And since it is not a KCBS rule, but rather an organizer or property owner rule, does KCBS even have jurisdiction over the enforcement of it?

And you don't even want to know what else came up at that cooks' meeting. Apparently, KCBS reps in the northeast handle things very differently than the rest of the country, or so we were told.

Mustanger 10-05-2012 10:34 AM

Regional Differences per KCBS Reps

Quote:

timzcardz said: And you don't even want to know what else came up at that cooks' meeting. Apparently, KCBS reps in the northeast handle things very differently than the rest of the country, or so we were told.
timzcardz: I, for one, am definitely interested in regional differences. Can you please tell us what the Northeast regional differences are? I am sure that a lot of us are extremely curious about the differences across the country.

Ford 10-05-2012 11:09 AM

For the record Troy is employed by SAMs and is not a representative of the kcbs.

Smoke'n Ice 10-05-2012 05:55 PM

Actually, I believe that Troy is a contractor for MMA Marketing and is on the MMA Marketing Sam's club team and has no affilition with KCBS or Sam's other than this.

Icekub 10-08-2012 06:56 AM

It's most likely going to be same situation as tailgates that I go to. If you are not causing any problems and have a red cup you're fine. If you start acting like a jack-farker, well, they might decide to check your cup and enforce.

Porcine Perfection 10-09-2012 09:17 AM

This is all about Walmart liability. The same reason judges can't take food home. They don't want to get sued because somebody got drunk and blew something up on their property. Corporate america at its best.

deguerre 10-09-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP7794 (Post 2238628)
This is all about Walmart liability. The same reason judges can't take food home. They don't want to get sued because somebody got drunk and blew something up on their property. Corporate america at its best.

Farkin' SPOIL sports.:tsk:

jmoney7269 10-10-2012 04:49 PM

So it's in a parking lot of a store that sells beer but you can't drink it. Sometimes i don't understand the logic fully and that might be my downfall. Has this rule ever been enforced
I also understand that its family oriented, but don't families drink beer?

Ringburner 10-10-2012 04:54 PM

Seems like free choice and liberty are slowly becoming extinct huh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

drbbq 10-10-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringburner (Post 2240103)

Yeah isn't there an ammendment that says we can drink anywhere we want. If not there should be! Dammit!

riblette 10-10-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringburner (Post 2240103)

Just the opposite - It's Sam's/Walmart's choice - and remember, corporations are people, my friend.

Slamdunkpro 10-10-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoney7269 (Post 2240102)
So it's in a parking lot of a store that sells beer but you can't drink it. Sometimes i don't understand the logic fully and that might be my downfall. Has this rule ever been enforced
I also understand that its family oriented, but don't families drink beer?

In Virginia Sam's has an offsale only liquor license so if people are seen drinking on the property it's a violation and could lead to the loss of their license.