BBQ Brethren "Farking Mess" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Farking Mess"[/size]
1276415_deguerre.jpg

A perfect example of one big hot farking mess as prepared by our very own deguerre in the 2010 Fried Throwdown!

...as chosen by landarc, the winner of the Where's Your Green? Throwdown!

Here is landarc's vision for this Throwdown!
landarc said:
I suggest a 'Farking Mess' Throw Down, food that is so good and so messy, something DeGuerre would be proud of (other than Redhot's Cooking). There is to be no fancy plating, frou frou garnishes etc...

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/1 through Sunday 4/10.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 4/10.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 4/11 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 4/15. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Crepes Throwdown until Sunday night 4/3 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the I'd Hit That! Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I'm thinking beans, chili, nacho's...cheese everywhere. Sour Cream, Guacamole all down the front of my shirt... yesssss...

Oh chit! :doh: That's what I thought we were supposed to be doing the whole time! :laugh:

I'm thinking beans, chili, nacho's...cheese everywhere. Sour Cream, Guacamole all down the front of my shirt... yesssss...
Well, I was thinking the food would be the farking mess, but, honestly, I like where this is going right off the bat. Bib Please!
Oh chit! :doh: That's what I thought we were supposed to be doing the whole time! :laugh:
It was. I think some people have gotten away from this. :becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I was really expecting another 3 ingredient challenge, like sea urchin, lima beans and marshmallows. Not sure what to do with this. Can I turn in the Cooking with the Master series? That's a bigger Farkin' mess than anything else I've seen on this site forum.

I'm Famous!!!!!!

1276415_deguerre.jpg

I feel all tingly and stuff.

I don't know what possessed me to choose this category, I rarely plate a mess, I should have chosen a 3 ingredient challenge of tofu, sprouts and fair trade organic French blue legged chicken, thus assuring another win for me.

At least Guerry won't have to post Redhot's cooking again.

.... There is to be no fancy plating, frou frou garnishes etc...

I'm thinking a bite of steak on a plastic fork is what you have in mind. :becky:

Well, if we're supposed to be making a "Farking Mess," we at least should be given the recipe. Guerry, can you please post it for us to make the competition fair.

Take an uncooked Johnsonville Brat, roll it out a bit till you can form a ring with about a 2" diameter center then smoke it, cut a round bottom out of some puff pastry leaving enough to seal around the ring, crack an egg in the center, cover with your favorite cheese then top with more puff pastry and seal. Deep fry until burnt farked up gooey mess ensues.:rolleyes:

Thanks Guerry, since that's the name of the contest, I think that's what we should be cooking. I might have to modify the recipe as I'm not a fan of deep frying.

Hold on, I just read that recipe again ... seriously? Sounds like you were trying to produce a Farked-up Gooey Mess to me. :becky: ... and I bet it was tasty too!

Thanks Guerry, since that's the name of the contest, I think that's what we should be cooking. I might have to modify the recipe as I'm not a fan of deep frying.

Hold on, I just read that recipe again ... seriously? Sounds like you were trying to produce a Farked-up Gooey Mess to me. :becky: ... and I bet it was tasty too!

Indeed it was tasty! I made two and they didn't last more than a half hour or so...the egg came out perfectly "over easy".:becky:

Back