The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cooking Class Summer School, Swamp Boys Style (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84076)

Rub 05-05-2010 08:04 PM

Summer School, Swamp Boys Style

Mark your calendars: June 25-26

What: Competition level techniques class
The first one earlier this year was met with rave reviews and immediate results.

Details will follow soon, stay tuned.

Big Tom 05-05-2010 08:33 PM

This event might coordinate with the Lawrenceburg contest, could have some promise for me.....i'm just sayin' :thumb:

rksylves 05-06-2010 06:24 AM

Think I may have to go to this one. Half a dozen competitions in and my scores are just not improving. Even worse when the prediction line of my results for Palm Beach is 21st place.

Russ

Rub 05-06-2010 07:04 PM

Come join us guys. Here's what some of the first graduating class said:

“Taking your class absolutely improved our scores and my wife and I couldn’t be happier….Thanks again for offering your time and experience to teaching others to perfect the Art of BBQ. It was well worth the money spent.” Greg P.
“Just wanted to let you know that your school shed a lot of light on different cooking technics. I cooked in my first contest since the school,Dade City. I got three calls, chicken 9th, brisket 8th and pork 7th, my best finishes yet.” Doug B.
“All and all it was a kick ass class. Would definitely take it again.” Jon W
“Annette and I enjoyed your class tremendously, and learned a lot…” Jerry B
“Loved the class have been telling everyone I see how great it was, if you decide to have another in FL I have several students lined up for you.” Greg B
“I have to say I really enjoyed the class and I met some great people that I hope to meet again when I start cooking FBA and KCBS.” Alec C
“I can definitely say that Rub’s class was well worth the money for us. We have competed in 4 FBA contests since Rub’s class and have 1 grand, 2 reserves and 5 category wins to show for it. We learned a great amount from Rub and took a stockpile of notes. He was very detailed and wanted to make sure every question was answered…” Chad W

goodbuddiesbbq 05-06-2010 11:15 PM

Is it worth the money???

Chad and I took this class expecting to learn a few cool things and the rest is a short history, but a good history. This class changed the way we looked at two categories in particular and we picked up 34 pages (legal pages) of notes, techniques, nuances, and answers to questions that we don't have to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on experimenting.

We knew after taking this class our scores would change immediately. We didn't know that we would take down our first Grand Championship the very next week with our teacher competing against us.

Do yourself a favor and miss a competition, if you have one scheduled, and go to this class. Or don't go this class and continue to be more money in the kitty for those of us who attended :-D!

Oh yeah...we have picked up a smoker sponsor, charcoal sponsor, marketing sponsor, meat sponsor, and general partner (local bank) since the class.

The class paid for itself 7x in one week and about 20x since the class six months ago.

Rub...we appreciated the day you sold your soul to the devil :mad2:.

Rub 05-11-2010 10:17 PM

Thanks for all the nice words Joel/Matt. Didn't we agree to some % of your winnings??

The sponsors are beginning to come together. So far we have in no particular order: The Slabs, Rib Stars, Spicewine, and Pork Pullin' Plowboys. I will report the rest as I know. This is going to be another great one :thumb:

redline bbq 05-12-2010 04:34 PM

Sounds great, God knows I need all the help I can get.

Rub 05-12-2010 09:55 PM

The location has been confirmed. It is right at the junction of I-10 and I-75 in north FL: http://www.musicliveshere.com/content/index.php

Same place I held the first class. Your RV site for Friday night is included in the class. You only need to contact the park if you want to come early, stay late, or rent a cabin. BTW, we get cabin rentals at 10% off.

Plowboy 05-12-2010 10:06 PM

And I'll be in Orlando on June 27. Damn. I'll miss it by one day.

rksylves 05-13-2010 11:07 AM

Isn't this where Damon's Comp is held?

Where to sign up?

Russ

Rub 05-13-2010 07:59 PM

Todd, come down a couple days early and give us a few Plowboy tips :-P

Russ, yes it is. I have the info up on my site now: http://www.swampboys.com/Summer%20Co...ok%20Class.htm
Forms are there for download!

T.K. 05-13-2010 08:58 PM

Rub - I haven't got the green light yet to go but still working on it. Is the price $400?

Todd - Stop by and hang out if you can. I live close to Orlando and Tallahassee has an airport. :becky:

Plowboy 05-13-2010 10:31 PM

My family is spending June 27-July 5 near Disney. Too bad the class wasn't the following weekend.

T.K. 05-15-2010 06:11 AM

I understand Todd. Enjoy your time at Disney and try not to spend too much money. :becky:

Rub 05-17-2010 10:49 PM

Todd, I'm guessing Daytona is on your radar...;)

I have verbal commitments for about a third of the seats already. Don't hesitate and get left out. :doh: