Friday's dinner

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I didn't get pictures of the prepped meat or the finished whole piece of meat. But what I did get was this.

Marinated London broil w/ sauteed peppers, smoked corn, and baked potato.
Ku7uM5m.jpg

Marinade-
1 cup soy sauce
3 gloves of garlic
1 medium onion
punch of peppercorns (like a pinch but more)
2 sprigs rosemary
4 squirts of agave nectar

Cooked on the kettle over a nice hot fire. Seared the outside with direct cooking and then moved to indirect till 135 internal. Let it rest for 15mins and slices thin against the grain.

Nice job. A London broil is an excellent cut and passed over too much......thanks for the reminder............Now pass a plate over here please............:thumb:

Nice job. A London broil is an excellent cut and passed over too much......thanks for the reminder............Now pass a plate over here please............:thumb:

Aint that the truth. As much as I like a ribeye or a tenderloin they are just not economically feasible to make all the time. As long as you know how to treat a cheaper cut of meat, it can make for a great tasty meal!

That looks great. How did you do the corn? Do you leave the it in the husk when you smoke it or is it naked?

That looks great. How did you do the corn? Do you leave the it in the husk when you smoke it or is it naked?

I cut the top and bottom end some and then with husk and silk on, put it on the smoker till it is done.

Looks awesome as always, aawa. Just curious though, why did you sear first instead of reverse sear? Do you find it works better that way for this cut?

I wanted to get more of a sear crust on it than you get with a reverse sear because I was slicing it thin.

Now for steaks like ribeye and ny strips, i reverse sear them since I like my pieces thicker.

I wanted to get more of a sear crust on it than you get with a reverse sear because I was slicing it thin.

Now for steaks like ribeye and ny strips, i reverse sear them since I like my pieces thicker.

Thanks for the explanation brotha aawa - I'm forever learning from you :becky:

Back