THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bags I picked up at Restaurant Depot today were 17.63lbs for $10 or maybe $10.25 which is the lowest I have seen for RO around me.

I don't qualify for a membership at restaurant depot. Is there a way I can still buy it there?

I called GFS and they have GFS brand lump 20 lbs for 13.99. I have heard this is Royal Oak re-labeled. That is cheaper than walmart. I dont have Jetro or Menards near me and do not qualify for Restaurant Depot.

It is my understanding that Royal Oak makes Kroger brand charcoal, both briquettes and lump. I have some Kroger lump that looks as good and works as well as any lump I've ever used, and it is cheap. I have no bad experiences with Kroger briquettes, either.

CD

Be careful with some of the cheaper and re-branded RO lumps. Some of them may come from S. America or other parts unknown.
The RO lump I get at Walmart is Made in USA and is quality charcoal.
Albeit, sometimes there are some LARGE pieces included in the bag.

Menards usually has a sale on the 8.8#ers in the spring for $4 something. I cleaned them out last time. The stuff keeps pretty well. That sucks about Wallyworld, used to be 10# then 8.8# for the same everyday low price. :roll:

Back