Never Seen This Brinkmann Before....

I've seen a couple of them here on this forum. Are you gonna get it?

The only way I would is if someone convinces me that its an awesome deal. I have enough cookers at this point that I only look for those "can't pass up" deals.

Not an awesome deal, just the wide open bottom will need some work, unless you want a vertical gas smoker

I just looked at it closer, and it kinda looks like Brinkmann just took a cooking chamber from one of their offsets, turned it upright, cut the bottom out and put some legs on it.

They are older and have fairly thick steel. A little work on the bottom area and they would be a solid unit. Think UDS. Seal the bottom, make a UDS style fire basket, add intake(s) and you should have a solid performer.

I had one in the garage the other day in excellent condition I gave away......I have too many grills and smokers and had to make room for another one. ;)

Definitely not an awesome deal.

The meat racks look like they need to be replaced

These are a little older with the charcoal pan in the bottom.

They do not have a good seal and leak a lot, however they have more consistent heat than the horizontal models.

I own one and it is a POS. I am waiting til I build my next drum to steal the handles and other parts off it and then I am throwing it away.

ECB gourmet is a POS in it's stock form too. But a few easy mods and it works just as good as a WSM.

If you need it be a good if you just want it not a good deal , but overall not a bad looking smoker

Back