This is what winter is all about. (pron)

khs282

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
34* outside, light wind, hot smoker and seasoned bird resting in fridge. Just waiting for the blue light.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Lets try this again with the pron.

Last edited:
Where's the challenge? No ice or snow to traverse? No high winds to deal with, let alone wind chill..
Seriously though looks like a great time to make some blue smoke there!

Where's the challenge? No ice or snow to traverse? No high winds to deal with, let alone wind chill..
Seriously though looks like a great time to make some blue smoke there!

The snow and ice are coming tonight. Only expecting about 4-6 inches of snow here in the cities, but its gonna start as freezing rain, then snow on top of it with windy conditions. Figured I'd do this today and cook inside tomorrow.

i like yer drum setup, very nice.

My two favorite parts are the bottle opener, for obvious reasons, and its on wheel both in back and up front on the bottom. Makes it very easy to move if I have to while it is in use.

Thanks for the props on the drum everyone. That was my first (so far only) build less than a year ago. It was fun to build and even more fun to use. Here are the links to the UDS build. The first thread is my brothers which shows us building both drums. The second is my thread that shows in more detail the finish product.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128569

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131232

Now for the finish bird. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture after it was pulled. Just started eating right away.

Last edited:
Nice looking bird, and a great looking cooker! You're right, it was just too nice to not grill today; I did some venison steaks myself (details will be posted in the TD tomorrow evening)! Great cook; thanks for sharing!

Nice looking bird, and a great looking cooker! You're right, it was just too nice to not grill today; I did some venison steaks myself (details will be posted in the TD tomorrow evening)! Great cook; thanks for sharing!

Venison steak? I'm jealous. Wish I had some!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Now that the snowstorm has arrived, its a great time for one of these.

Last edited:
Back