Red, White, Blue BBQ this weekend in Topeka KS has room for teams

sincitydisciple01

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Received email today about the Topeka KS Red, White, Blue BBQ this weekend. Of note... "Also, we can handle a few more teams. If you know of someone who wishes they had entered, let them know to get ahold of me ASAP, and we'll see if we can get them in."

Contact is nicholas roach = blair4th@att.net

Did they send out an email to all the teams? I am competing or at least think I am. I have received nothing from them and can't get a response through email. I did talk to the person responsible for the judges who gave me another phone number, but of course that person hasn't called me back either.

Here's what the KCBS web site has for information:

Topeka, KS
Starts: 05/27/2011
Ends: 05/28/2011
KCBS Reps: DENNIS POLSON, LINDA POLSON

Prize Money: $6500.00
CBJ Percentage: 87%

Contact Information:
Shaun Miller/ Paul Clarkson
1305 Kansas Ave
Topeka, KS 66612
Phone: 785-554-6572
shrinebbq@gmail.com

I'd try calling Shaun's number. I spoke to him on the phone last year. He was very responsive.

We got an email from Nick on Tuesday confirming check in time (for the record, noon Friday) and that they could handle a few more teams. No schedule or map or anything like that. Despite having room for more teams, I'm wondering if they are a little overwhelmed. Getting information about the event has been a dead end and the last sentence of the email was apologizing for not being better organized.

Regardless, we are looking forward to taking the show on the road!!!

Back