• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ash's BBQ Library now Open!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I come in possession of BBQ books alot these days. I willing to share as they come.

Here will be the first book! The rules are as follows:

I will send any Ash's library book free of charge! (Oh I dont want it back unless specified)

Review then post it back here as avail! (It is up to the poster if they want to charge snail mail to the next person)

Only keep it two weeks! Then post its availability...

Here we go and this is a great beginners book!

BBB.jpg

bbb2.jpg

Just bought that book a couple of weeks ago. Good read with alot of good recipes. Very cool idea by the way Ash.

I also would like any Brethren or Sista that has a book for the library to post in this thread. Lets share the wealth people!

I also would like any Brethren or Sista that has a book for the library to post in this thread. Lets share the wealth people!

I have quite a few books and reading materials as well. I will get a couple pictures together tonight and send 'em off in the same fashion Ash is. :)

I have quite a few books and reading materials as well. I will get a couple pictures together tonight and send 'em off in the same fashion Ash is. :)

Thankyou! :cool: This thing can rock!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Its too bad this forum does not have wiki threads. This is a great idea. I just fear that it will soon become like the UDS thread and many good books and reviews will be lost in the posts. Perhaps the admins have another possible solution.

i just got that exact book from sams for a big ole 7.99 bargin bin sale and btw great idea

http://www.wikidot.com/ or http://www.wikispaces.com/ look like a couple of cost-effective wiki options...

Yeah, I was more talking about the forum setup where each thread has a wiki as the second post that any registered member can edit. It just eliminates cross-linking with a different site. For example, I visit slickdeals.net a lot and they do it there. See the example below:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=2135430

As you can see, the second post is a inclusive wiki that contains the important information that has been contributed throughout the thread.

Regardless, its a great idea and I hope it takes off in an organized manner where people can take advantage of others' generosity.

Sending the books out today! Yes I said books and had more than one. Keep an eye out when they check back in on this thread. Brothers and Sistas you got BBQ read to part with postem here....

Great idea Ash, and very generous.
I hope noone abuses this great opportunity!
I'll have to go through the cookbooks I have, although I don't have many BBQ cookbooks that I don't refer to regularly, though.

What about other cookbooks (not grilling/bbq)?

What am I saying.....what else IS there!!!!!:becky:

The first set of books has been sent out! For the lucky ones that got first on the list please only keep it not more than two weeks and post back here when avail. Also I think it would be kewl to sign your screen name inside the front cover as a history to who has read it. Thanks

FYI, really busy weekend this past weekend. A little busy tonight, but I will try to get some up here this evening. :)

Back