The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Menu Change (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53229)

Bigmista 12-08-2008 03:26 PM

Menu Change

Hey folx!

I just updated the menus on our site. Can you take a look at them and let me know what you think?

http://www.bigmista.com

Thanks!

Bigdog 12-08-2008 03:45 PM

For your pre-ordered meals at the Farmer's Market, I felt like you need to put an: Order by date and time.

Divemaster 12-08-2008 03:51 PM

The 'Vending Menu' looks great. Very clear and concise, easy to read, and great descriptions without being to wordy.

The 'Catering Menu' looks good in general, but of course I do have a couple of comments and questions....
MRS. MISTA?2 Meats and BIGMISTA?3 Meats - Why is there a '?' after the 'MISTA'? I don't know if it explorer that is causing it or not.
(12 and under?????.25 minimum) - Not a big fan of all the '?'
Also, it took me a moment to figure out how to read them. I don't know why but I kept wanting to read left to right and not break them into the three columns you had set up. Is there any kind of vertical separator that you could use to make it more distinguishable?

Hope I'm not being to picky...

BBQ Grail 12-08-2008 03:54 PM

Neil,

The Catering Menu is just to hard to read. I would drop the white type on black background. That might make it a little easier. But overall it's just jumbled.

Sorry!

Marsha 12-08-2008 04:32 PM

The vending menu looks good. The catering menu is a bit confusing... it doesn't "flow"

wnkt 12-08-2008 05:39 PM

Made me hungry...and I just got done eating.

Dr_KY 12-08-2008 06:26 PM

I would put trophy's and other awards in pictures on the site. I looked for them under competition. I think this addition will help people to see the difference and obvious quality.

MrsMista 12-08-2008 06:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Center all the yellow headings. Stop the pricings from wrapping. Center the links that are going across the top. And if you're moving those up then you should be consistent on your other pages. Or you could listen to me and attach a pdf.

BBQ Grail 12-08-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsMista (Post 797514)
Center all the yellow headings. Stop the pricings from wrapping. Center the links that are going across the top. And if you're moving those up then you should be consistent on your other pages. Or you could listen to me and attach a pdf.

Listen to the wife, Stinky Boy!

Bigmista 12-08-2008 06:35 PM

I don't like .pdf files. They take too long to load and it doesn't match the rest of the site. And print doesn't translate to the web.

So there.

BBQ Grail 12-08-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista (Post 797518)
I don't like .pdf files. They take too long to load and it doesn't match the rest of the site. And print doesn't translate to the web.

So there.

Actually, as a Certified Acrobat Engineer, I would have to disagree. If you create a PDF for the purpose of putting it on a website (it's called optimizing for web viewing) it will load faster.

The problem most people have is that they create complicated original documents and feel like they need to create them in high resolution. When creating for web viewing that's not needed.

There are a variety of different ways to accomplish your task without creating a PDF that bogs down the system.

The main advantage of a PDF is that it can be saved to a person's desktop and is a constant reminder they want to do business with you.

But what do I know...

Bigmista 12-08-2008 06:46 PM

You know NOTHING!!!!

But tell MrsMista how to do that optimizy thing anyway.

MrsMista 12-08-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trp1fox (Post 797521)
Actually, as a Certified Acrobat Engineer, I would have to disagree. If you create a PDF for the purpose of putting it on a website (it's called optimizing for web viewing) it will load faster.

The problem most people have is that they create complicated original documents and feel like they need to create them in high resolution. When creating for web viewing that's not needed.

There are a variety of different ways to accomplish your task without creating a PDF that bogs down the system.

The main advantage of a PDF is that it can be saved to a person's desktop and is a constant reminder they want to do business with you.

But what do I know...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

NotleyQue 12-08-2008 06:46 PM

Neil. I have to agree with Larry.

The Catering Menu is very hard to read, and in this day of very short attention spans people will move on to the next more easy to read menu.

Keep it simple for the folks.
Add pictures of the food, not trophys, people want to see what they are eating, not what you have won.

Just spend a bit more time tweaking the Catering portion and you are set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trp1fox (Post 797441)
Neil,

The Catering Menu is just to hard to read. I would drop the white type on black background. That might make it a little easier. But overall it's just jumbled.

Sorry!

BBQ Grail 12-08-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista (Post 797528)
You know NOTHING!!!!

But tell MrsMista how to do that optimizy thing anyway.

What "full" version of Adobe Acrobat do you have? Can't be "Reader".