The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Weber customer service experience (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152449)

chriscw81 01-27-2013 11:36 AM

Weber customer service experience

So Thursday I picked up one the new model 22.5 OTG's with the thermometer on the lid and the space to hang utensils on the handles. It only took about 20 minutes to put together. After it was put together I realized the lid didn't fit very well and it wouldn't lay flat on my kitchen table. It could still be used but it just wasn't right. This morning I called weber and almost immediately a human picked up. I explained the problem and gave the lady some info. She had me take some pictures and email her the pics. She replied not even 5 minutes later saying they were going to send me another lid at no cost to me. Overall it was pleasant experience, even though there was a problem with the lid. These days it's rare to have a pleasant customer service experience when dealing with a large corporation. I couldn't be more impressed. Oh yeah, I even get to keep the old lid.....which should look real nice on a UDS! :mrgreen:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jon David 01-27-2013 11:40 AM

Webers customer service is awesome. I called to see how much the little black piece that goes on the baffle to keep from burning your hand, and she just said ill send you a whole new baffle fo FREEEEEEEEEE! No questions asked, they are incredible!

Freddy j 01-27-2013 11:49 AM

The weber company takes American-made pride in their products and services.

code3rrt 01-27-2013 11:51 AM

Yep, my experience with them was great, friendly and fast!

el_matt 01-27-2013 11:53 AM

They gave me free shipping, just for the asking, when I ordered the new mini charcoal chimney. They even gave me the ash pan clips for an old OTS. I had planned on buying them, but she just threw them in for free. Best part of all, she was SUPER friendly, almost as if she enjoyed her job.

Matt

chriscw81 01-27-2013 12:09 PM

One thing that shocked me was I wanted to buy one of the little black things that go on the performers exhaust so it's not too hot to touch. They said I couldn't buy one unless I owned a performer, which I don't.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

caliking 01-27-2013 12:43 PM

Weber customer service is about the best there is, but they do get a little ornery about selling you parts for cookers unless they see that you own one. A workaround would be to go online and just register a performer in your account. You don't have to actually own onw. Then call back and try again.

mbshop 01-27-2013 04:32 PM

for me its been fifty fifty. on easy stuff they are great. when it gets a bit sticky they get pissy. after having one customer yell at me and call me names and accuse me of cheating, on and on, i think they are nothing special. i even emailed weber about it and nothing.

Robicus129 01-27-2013 04:34 PM

Have had nothing but good experiences with them--good people.

Brian in Maine 01-27-2013 04:55 PM

When I bought my second WSM the mid section was out of round. I made the call, and they sent another one that also was out of round. The third time was a charm. They sent a second one that was good. There customer service is the best.

North Is Up 01-27-2013 05:05 PM

The electronic push button ignition on my gasser disappeared one day from the our upper deck down into the abyss of my backyard below or possibly into the Twilight Zone. Never found it. I called to purchase a replacement and they wouldn't hear of having me pay even though it was my fault. Just asked for the serial number and sent me a new one.

charrederhead 01-27-2013 06:05 PM

I've had the lid and bowl of my Performer replaced for free due to rust/burn through, in the 10th year of the 10-yr warranty.

mbshop 01-27-2013 06:21 PM

their quality on some items is questionable. on these they don't give much of a warranty and sure enough, on those items they do go bad, right after the warranty
runs out. in this case i'm talking about the paint used on the weber q grills.